“Affordable and comfortable stop over”

Norfolk Guest House
Norfolk Guest House
Ranked #21 of 52 Bristol B&B and Inns
Hampshire
“Affordable and comfortable stop over”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place provides what it claims - i.e. an affordable night's sleep and breakfast. I booked late directly with the guest house and managed to get a room that had double bed and ensuite with shower. It was all clean and comfortable with the benefit of free WiFi. (Why is that still not standard everywhere now?)

I had to leave very early before breakfast but the manager, surprisingly, let me sort out something myself from the cereals, juice and tea/coffee available. OK, it's not like a national Budget chain where no doubt, health and safety would prevent you going near anything, but nevertheless this was a thoughtful touch and allowed me to get away before 6.30 am with something inside me.

All this for £40. Great value.

Room Tip: It could be noisy at the front as you are on the main road.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had 3 days work in Bristol last week and rather than commuting the 110 mile round trip I decided to look for a hotel. For my budget, Norfolk guest house fitted perfectly.
On arrival I was greeted by the manager Andrew, who offered me a choice of, a room with a bath or a room with a shower. I chose the shower and was pleasantly surprised when I was shown to a large, light, airy room with a double bed and en-suite shower room (I booked a single room!). The room was clean and tidy with tea and coffee facilities, tv, wood burner effect stove and a decent shower.
Breakfast was a help yourself style continental affair with plenty on offer. The kitchen and dining room where also free for guests to use throughout the day which I thought was a nice touch.
Overall I was very impressed and found it fantastic value for money. I will be working in the area again later in the year and will definitely book the Norfolk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sheildsy2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The guest house is well decorated and very clean, bed quite comfortable. The owner was very friendly and accommodating. On the downside, I did not like the self service breakfast arrangement, and the noise from other rooms was quite disturbing. I am told the rate of the room of £50 per night is good for Bristol, so perhaps I am being a little too critical.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this B&B and will definitely look to stay again when looking to stay overnight in Bristol. I was impressed with the hospitality and hosting skills of Andrew, the Manager and his son who were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The ensuite room was very quiet and spacious, and I slept very well. I loved the DIY breakfast which was plentiful with lots of choice. Not being familiar with the Bristol area, I really enjoyed exploring the cafes and vintage / second hand shops in Horefield. A very good value B&B in a great location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

A beautiful room in a fab house, with huge, delicious breakfast in a very friendly atmosphere. felt really at home! My en suite bathroom was enormous and my attic bedroom was full of character. I slept really well which is unusual for me. I woke rested and ready for a long day with family!

Room Tip: if you want a stylish yet comfy room book in at The Norfolk.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Feltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We wanted a B and B near my mum's Nursing Home and Norfolk House is within 1 mile. It is on the main A38 which we knew before we arrived. The sign for the B and B was small and not easily seen from the road, so we parked in a side road and walked. There is parking outside. We were greeted by the owner and shown to a large room on the first floor at the front of the house. We paid the room fee in cash (We had had phoned ahead and this was requested by the owner.) It has large wardrobes, dressing table, comfy beds and armchair. There is an en-suite shower room. The windows were open so we closed them. You could still hear the traffic as it is a very busy road. The traffic did keep me awake as I am a light sleeper. My husband slept through it all! The B and B is two houses joined and in one area there is a kitchen/dining area available for guests use at any time (It has cooker/ washing machine/ kettle/ toaster and fridge/freezer.) We went to a local shop and bought food which we were able to cook and eat there. There are also two pubs within walking distance which serve food but they can get very busy at weekends. Breakfast was continental with lots of choice (cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, meat, cheese, bread and hot drinks) all self-service. We intend to use this B and B on a regular basis and have been promised a room at the back next time. Very friendly and helpful Landlord.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the house are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We picked Norfolk Guest house as it was close to our friend we were visiting. Clean place, welcoming people, snacks and drinks in room. Breakfast was fine as do it yourself and nice extra to have the kitchen and patio area available all the time (tho we didn't use it). We were right up in the attic so it was a bit hot (tho they did provide a fan). Basic place, did the trick.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North
Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay
Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Lewins Mead) Hotel
Premier Inn Bristol Filton Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre

Been to Norfolk Guest House? Share your experiences!