“Convenient for Bristol and easy to reach from M32”

Norfolk Guest House
Norfolk Guest House
Ranked #12 of 52 Bristol B&B and Inns
Feltham, United Kingdom
“Convenient for Bristol and easy to reach from M32”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We wanted a B and B near my mum's Nursing Home and Norfolk House is within 1 mile. It is on the main A38 which we knew before we arrived. The sign for the B and B was small and not easily seen from the road, so we parked in a side road and walked. There is parking outside. We were greeted by the owner and shown to a large room on the first floor at the front of the house. We paid the room fee in cash (We had had phoned ahead and this was requested by the owner.) It has large wardrobes, dressing table, comfy beds and armchair. There is an en-suite shower room. The windows were open so we closed them. You could still hear the traffic as it is a very busy road. The traffic did keep me awake as I am a light sleeper. My husband slept through it all! The B and B is two houses joined and in one area there is a kitchen/dining area available for guests use at any time (It has cooker/ washing machine/ kettle/ toaster and fridge/freezer.) We went to a local shop and bought food which we were able to cook and eat there. There are also two pubs within walking distance which serve food but they can get very busy at weekends. Breakfast was continental with lots of choice (cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, meat, cheese, bread and hot drinks) all self-service. We intend to use this B and B on a regular basis and have been promised a room at the back next time. Very friendly and helpful Landlord.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the house are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We picked Norfolk Guest house as it was close to our friend we were visiting. Clean place, welcoming people, snacks and drinks in room. Breakfast was fine as do it yourself and nice extra to have the kitchen and patio area available all the time (tho we didn't use it). We were right up in the attic so it was a bit hot (tho they did provide a fan). Basic place, did the trick.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We wanted a cheap B&B close to Bristol and found this. Extremely handy to get into the centre, just a few miles with free parking right outside. The room was simple but clean and comfortable despite a bit of noise from the road. Breakfast is a help yourself affair nothing special. Landlord was very friendly and welcoming. We couldn't complain as the price was very reasonable..

Room Tip: Maybe try to get a room at the back of the guest house to avoid road noise..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

B&B formed from two joined semi-detached houses. The rooms are basic, the decor perhaps a bit dated, but perfectly adequately and were clean and well-kept (the bathroom looked newer than the room itself). The breakfast is, as mentioned elsewhere, is a help yourself style, but you also have access to the kitchen for other meals (oven, microwave & toaster available), so the option of self-catering may be advantage. Location-wise, you would need a bus to the city centre, but convenient for various places as listed on their web-site, e.g. Southmead hospital. As mentioned, sound-proofing is not great, so you can hear the conversations or the floor-boards creaking as people walk up and down the stairs outside, so if you are a light sleeper, you may find this a problem. Other small niggles were a very thick duvet in summer and nothing to hook the shower head on in the bathroom (so one-handed shower). As previously noted, bring your own shower gel and shampoo. All in all, this represents good value accommodation and was convenient for my particular trip. If you can sleep through anything and want a B&B with a self-catering option and don't mind a bit of distance from the city, this would be ideal

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for a night. Very friendly landlord. The room was nice and clean. The bathroom looked modern. A bit on the small side, but fine. The shower was a bit weak but worked well. As other reviews mention, though, it is a bit noisy. I was woken up during the night by unidentified noises (showers?) and before 7am by someone talking on their phone. I would advise using ear-plugs! We were originally planning on missing breakfast as the instructions in our room said it was served until 8.30 only. But when we came down well after 9.00 we were told by a lovely lady that we could just help ourselves. We made toast and scrambled eggs. There was a nice selection of crumpets, cold meats, cheese, jam etc... This really made up for the troubled night! Overall I would stay there again as it is a lovely place, but I would put my ear-plugs on as soon as I go to bed instead of waiting for the noise to wake me up!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
surrey
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a good sized double room (£65 cash or cheque as we warned when we booked) with 2 comfortable chairs for relaxing in. The room was clean and had most things you would want. The wifi worked well. There was only soap in the bathroom no shower gel or shampoo. Our room was at the front and we did not find that the noise from the road disturbed us. We found the breakfast confusing to start with as apart from other guests there was nobody around, but one of the other guests explained what to do. Basically everything you needed was in the kitchen adjoining the dining room and you got what you wanted. There was a good choice of food and my husband even made himself a ham omelette! The hotel is convenient for the north of Bristol and there is plenty of parking in the road outside. We will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

On arrival to Norfolk guest house I was informed they do not accept card and the nearest cash point was a 10 min walk... I arrived at 730pm on a cold winter night and began my walk in the dark to find the cash point. When I got back I was shown to my room which was a clean and basic room what you expect to get for £45 per night. What I didnt expect was the uselss shower and the CONSTANT noise from all the residents down to even being able to hear the body functions of the other guests...

When I finally got to go to bed it was freezing and with no extra covers in the room I was left to sleep in the cold. I was woken at 6am by the start of the showers which came hand in hand with the generator which if it wasnt in my room was certainly very close to it and was ongoing until 8am...

Would NEVER go back unless I wanted the worst nights sleep of my life again....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business