Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
$78
Marriott Hotels
$62
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$82
$96
$87
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$68
$61
2,029 results
All reviewsbeefeater restaurantbeefeater next doorbeefeater attachedcar parkcity centrebus stationmeal dealair confamily roomgood nights sleepcabot circusbudget hotelself servicecolston hallnight's sleepcomfortable bedmember of staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here for four nights recently. The reception staff were pleasant and helpful, but check in was chaotic because they were trying to help guests with the self service check-in machines at the same time as answering queries. The room was excellent. Spacious, clean and quiet. The breakfasts were a disaster as there were major problems with replenishment of items, which resulted in numerous trips to the buffet area each day and a lack of choice..The Costa coffee machine was out of order, so we were faced with flasks of luke warm water. The biggest problem was however with the lifts on the Monday morning. We were already aware that one of the three lifts was not in use because of refurbishment, but one of the others had been commandeered by the workmen to move lift floor panels etc. and another team of workmen had pulled up the stair carpet and had the stairs completely closed off. We therefore had a very long wait to get down to reception as there was no other choice but to wait for the remaining lift, which was servicing 17 floors! We have stayed at many Premier Inns and they would normally be our first choice, but this one and the Beefeater next door appear to have serious organizational issues that need resolving.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the ground floor until the lift and stair refurbishment is complete.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

We do try our best to get maintenance work done with little distruption to our guest
I was sorry to read due to the work being done you had a delay with getting in the lift.

I have also pass your comments about breakfast to the General Manager in the Bristol Fashion Beefeater.

Once again I am very sorry.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

You can't park at reception so if you have a lot of heavy baggage you'll have to haul it from the nearest car park you can find.
Hard to find nearby parking.
No smoker facilities, stand in wind and rain on the street with some dubious security.
Buffet breakfast looks too bad to eat. Coffee awful. Cannot even partially open windows so claustraphobic.
Staff helpful and friendly.
I'd never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hi Gordon,

I have read through your comments on your stay and will be passing the breakfast comments to the General Manager of the Bristol Fashion Beefeater next door to address with his team.

I will also talk with my team cocerning cover on reception. There should always be someone there to greet our guest. I am sorry that on this occassion it did not happen.

Thank you for taking the time to fill in the Trip Advisor.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The rooms are pretty much what you expect from the guys at Premier Inn however my bed was awful. There were hardly any staff anywhere at all and the breakfast was about as bad as I've had.

It hasn't put me off Premier Inn but I'll not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank NickSmyth
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry about the issues you had during your stay.

I will be speaking with the GM next door about the breakfast.

Once again Nick I am very sorry.

Dawn

Reviewed November 27, 2012

i was working locally and our company always uses premier inns, this one was by far the worst ever!...rooms are fine, as always, clean comfy beds and spotless rooms,,,but the reception to the bar and restaurant staff are the worst! i know they have busy jobs and not well paid but........ it is a hotel! we had a nightmare on saturday night, we needed to be up at 6.30 and had to call reception to clear corridor at 4.30am, and the evening meal at the adjoining beefeeter, well we sat next to the servery and saw our meals burn under the halogen lights while staff chatted , the lady in charge that night we heard say put new tops on the burger buns and then served them! after i said what i witnessed she said " oh sorry u want top of bun toasting"..............err said i dont want to eat here!, had sandwich from tesco express across road! in general i know its a city centre hotel, but please dont expect the premier inn,s goodnight guarantee, and i know why now! usual prem inn rooms, but very noisy and unfriendly staff and poor restaurant ........oh and by the way, breakfast is at 6.30 weekdays, but the buffet wasnt on the table till 6.47 to be nit picky! but when uve got to be at work its 17 mins ofyour time waiting! theres a holiday inn across road tho!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank steve s

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am very sorry about the problems you h ad during your stay and when eating in the Bristol Fashion Beefeater next door.

I will be speaking with Andy the General Manager of the Bristol Fashion Beefeater restaurant. As we are two seperate businesses he can speak with his team concerning your comments on the food and his waiting team.

Once again Steve, I am very sorry and please be assured I do not tollerate any of my team not looking after the guest. This will be addressed with them and my Duty Managers.

Thank you again.
Dawn

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I previously stayed at this hotel in February of this year

Positive Points:
Clean
Comfortable bed
Beefeater restaurant attached
Lifts (One of the lifts was out if order but, this didn't effect us. We never waited long for them and was in and out a few times)
In the centre of Bristol, within walking distance of the Cabot Circus and Park Street.
Rang reception from the room and booked a taxi for the following morning. All went well, taxi arrived on time.
So unbelievably quiet

Negative Points:
The towels smelt musty (This was a problem when we stayed in February too so, it seems nothing has been done)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Chelsie,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I hope you had a good shop in Cabot Circus.

We will look in to your commenst on the towels. We use a contract laundry company and I will pass on your feedback to them.

Thank you again.