“laid back, happy vibe”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 21, 2012

my partner and i eat at the Easton thali cafe at least once a week we come here because its friendly, relaxed and perfect for a quick authentic indian dinner, nothing like the indian food were generally used to. We usually share a thali for £9 this includes a dhal, a potato curry, a mogul chicken curry, chutney and a lovely mango salad all served in individual little metal bowls we get a few popodums some chapati and a chai tea and it comes to about £14. its definitely a place to chill. we love it. its also a take away!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stopped here with the family last week. Was so refreshing to have a curry with a difference - not bright orange, not swimming in oil. Everything fresh and delicious and well presented. Very friendly , helpful staff. Good atmosphere - very bohemian, casual, unpretentious. Lovely starters with excellent chutneys, loved the coconut one. Wish we had one of these in Bath! Will definitely be going back - not too expensive either. Can see why they are doing so well in Bristol.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Love the concept, ambience and food at the Thali Cafe. I love all Indian food but these restaurants are different to your normal indian restaurant. Very tasty with slow cooked currys and fresh salads. Pick Clifton and Easton if you love a Masala Dosa at lunch time!

If you like the look at their website - you will love the restuarants.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I needed a hot but not too expensive meal on a cold day last winter. I found the Thali cafe in Clifton by accident and ordered a sweet potatoe dumpling curry and some water. The currry arrived in a little dish on a tray with some rice and a salad and it was lovely - very tasty as well as pleasing to the eye. I found the ambience in the cafe relaxing too, no-one rushing me to finish or order extra things. I recommend this cafe as I liked it so much I chose to return here for my birthday meal and I liked the sweet potatoe curry so much that I ordered it again!

Reviewed March 8, 2012