“Food not worth the service”
Review of Raj Mahal City

Raj Mahal City
Ranked #369 of 1,613 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Food not worth the service”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Visited on a quiet Thursday on my own. Waited 10 minuted for my beer before I had to get up and remind them that I had ordered one. Starter was decent, but I have had food as nice or better in many Indian restaurants in England; and they brought it halfway through my poppadomms rather than waiting until I was finished. To be fair they did wait for me to go and smoke and go to the loo before checking if I was ready for my main, but that was a different waiter so it may be somewhat variable depending on who serves you.Even then when the food came the same waiter just slammed the plate down nowhere near in between the knife and fork, very little care taken to give me a dining experience; more like simply being fed.The main portions weren't great in either size or taste, the lamb sagwala was bland with a pool of grease in the bottom of the pot; I have certainly had a lot better even as a takeaway. They did remember to ask during my main course whether I was enjoying my meal, but to be fair that is only standard courtesy in the restaurant trade. When I had finished my drink before my food a waiter twice walked right past me and looked at my table, yet still didn't ask me if I wanted another drink. The same waiter also had trouble serving two cups of coffee with a sugar pot to a nearby table, shaking to the point where one of the ladies had to reassure him. I even gad to wait 5 minutes before they came to clear the table, even though I was on my own with only 3 dishes. When I asked for the bill whilst the waiter was clearing I was brought back a wrapped towellette with no bill, and he proceeded to serve several other tables before bringing me my bill, so I waited another 5 minutes before I actually got my bill.For the taste and service the value is poor; I have paid less for the same meal and received better. They didn't even open the door for me on the way out. I am given to believe that this is one of the better Indian restaurants in Bristol, but if it is then anyone who can deliver good Indian food and combine it with halfway decent service should start up here as they stand to make a killing.

• Visited August 2013

County Dublin, Ireland
“Great friendly efficient service”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

On a Sunday evening they have a buffet for around £10, I think we arrived a little late (8.30pm) so the stock was a little dry. Most of the food was OK, but some of it was very sweet, my favourite dish is usually a Saag Paneer, here it had so much sweet coconut milk it was inedible. The Dhall was like a homogenous soup. The price included popadoms and your choice of Naan bread. The place was immaculate and it was very good value.

Visited June 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good food and efficient service”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went here in a group of 19 people everyone,this as a pre set menu we had preordered to help. We all enjoyed the food and found the service very good and the drinks prices were not that high so good value for money,all in all a very good curry at a reasonable price.We will eat here again .

• Visited June 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Went on a whim.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was staying in a hotel round the corner and fancied a change. The food was great as was the service.

Visited April 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

One of my most favourite indian restaurants in Bristol, great food,great staff. A varied menu something for everyone a must if you love indian food WE WILL BE BACK....................

• Visited February 2013