“So delicious didn't want it to end!”
Review of Raj Mahal City

Raj Mahal City
Ranked #406 of 1,690 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Takeaway last night to celebrate end of first UK bank holiday weekend - absolutely excellent - fresh spicy - huge portions - the best takeaway we've enjoyed in such a long time - know where to go next time without a doubt - it was delicious - have also eaten at the restaurant on several occasions and never disappointed - quality food nice relaxed atmosphere - lots of room for large parties of people - family gatherings etc;

1  Thank wanderlustSouthWest

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went there for the first time on sunday for the buffet after hearing good things but very dissapointed had to dig around for the chicken in the tikka masala none to be found eventually had to inform staff , very poor quality lamb tough and chewy ,the tandoori chicken was cold the samosas are definitely not home made you will find them in the frozen section of asda, you don't get naans with the buffet why ??? Dessert is fruit salad that was embarrassing cheap full of the cheapest apple , too add insult to injury ordered two cokes they brought two large over they charged £6.80 for two soft drinks £3.40 each if your going to do a buffet do it well fresh hot food this buffet will ruin there reputation I advise you not to go only positive thing is decor !!!!!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

food and service are always consistently good! the banana bread is amazing! always had a great time there and will always visit

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food on Saturday evening was back to its previous high standard; a contrast to the Sunday buffet lunch we had, last time we ate here. The retsuarant was far busier than at lunch times and, unfortunately, the serice got off to a wobbly start... it felt like somewhere bewteen 'Fawlty Towers' and 'Acorn Antiques'!
We were served our drinks whilst our order was nearly idenitcal drinks for another table so they were taken away, from under our noses! Just as well we hadn't started them.
I ordered an onion bhaji starter, as I wasn't very hungry, to come out with the other members of the party's mains. FOUR onion bhaji starters arrived. I explained that we had only ordered one, to come out with the 'mains'. The waiter went away to the kitchen, leaving my onion bhaji in front of me, only to return and whisk it away from under my nose, with no apology just a 'to come out with the main'.
Service did improve, as the evening progressed. It has always been excellent in the past. Maybe they were just having a bad day?

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was staying in Bristol on some business and fancied a curry so decided to try this and was very pleasantly surprised. I had duck tikka for starter which was nicely spiced and very tender, main course consisted of chicken chilli masala which is my default curry and it was fantastic, nicely spiced and a good amount of chicken, sag aloo (lush) pilau rice and chilli & garlic nan which were also extremely good rounded off with a pint of cobra, the bill came to under £22 which I thought was extremely good value for money. There is a bar in he restaurant which enables customers to stay at and have a beer or two after or before your meal. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Express then why not pop round the corner (less than 10 mins walk) and try this as it is a above average curry house.