“Corporate? Yes; but good food and friendly welcome”

Zizzi - Bristol Clifton Village
Ranked #298 of 1,733 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Zizzi is a spacious Italian restaurant in the heart of Clifton Village, Bristol. Surrounded by quaint boutiques and other historic buildings, it is only a five-minute walk from Brunel's famous Clifton Suspension Bridge. With a large seating area tucked away at the back, Zizzi - Clifton Village easily caters for large parties whilst creating an intimate atmosphere for couples or smaller groups at the front of the restaurant. Zizzi is a lively and entertaining place to eat with friends and family, but the staff can also seat you somewhere secluded if you are after a bit more privacy! Zizzi - Clifton Village was given a makeover at the start of 2010 and now features an illustration by local artist Richard Sanderson, who was inspired by Bristol's floating harbour, terraces and the Great Western Railway. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had 2 specials of the day at lunchtime. Both were very tasty and well presented. Service with smiles. A relaxing break during our shopping trip.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I arrived shortly before 9pm. Well, at least at this time of the day there was no huge articulated lorry parked outside Zizzi's windows, delivering to the Co-op / Somerfield next door, and blocking out any sunlight.

This Zizzi's appears to have received something of an internal make-over, with some of the tables now far too close together. Indeed you could very nearly eat off the plates of your neighbours at the next table.

I went for a rather flat and uninspiring / overpriced lasagne, preceded by garlic bread of sorts. I then asked if they had any Tabasco to liven things up a bit, but the answer was 'no'. OK, so Zizzi's is not a cocktail bar, but I did find this rather strange, seeing as in our experience such things are never a problem at the better (and friendlier...) Zizzi's down on the Clifton Triangle.

Clearly I'm becoming hyper-sensitive in my old age, but highly annoying: the frequent and very loud sound of cutlery etc. being sorted and unceremoniously chucked into the appropriate receptacle. Ouch! But then obviously next time I need to remember to bring some earplugs with me.

I suspect that our waiter on the night, although formally pleasant, could benefit from some additional English language tuition.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Chain restaurant - love them or hate them you know what you're getting (or should). On our 'Gromit trail' around Bristol we ended up at Clifton Village just in time for me to eat, I'm on a fasting based diet, and I was looking forward to a tasty meal.

Zizzi did not disappoint - I had Fritto Misto and a salad. Unlike others versions of this dish there were strips of courgette and peppers also in the light batter as well as some punchy chillis.

The colours used in the decor and the friendly staff made it a great experience.

1  Thank maiday
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Great value and tastefully portion. High recommended. I have been in few Italian restaurants. I must say I was satisfied. Keep up the good work

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went with my girlfriend and her parents on a Friday night. Seated immediately. Service was good (not too intrusive but attentive enough), good choice of drinks, food, etc.

Food was good - surprisingly good sized portions :).

I had pasta with chicken and bacon - very tasty. My girlfriend and her dad had Fiorentina Pizzas which were also nice, and her mum had a risotto.

For starters we shared king prawns and garlic-and-mozarella bread. The bread was coated in a chutney (bit of a surprise but it was tasty).

Only downside was that its a bit big and impersonal.