Brooks Guesthouse Bristol
$85
$80
$67
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$100
$71
$110
$107
  • Restaurant
All reviewshonesty barst nicholas marketguest houseeggs benedictnight portercoat hangerscentral locationking roombreakfast was deliciousfull englishnearby ncpa lovely place to stayrooms are smalllounge areastreet noisefantastic locationcomfortable bed
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very well positioned in the heart of Bristol. You can easily walk to anywhere of interest and the receptionist will gladly advise. All the staff are friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts are excellent and freshly made for you. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. However, we had one of the small bedrooms and it really was tiny -- virtually enter the room and crawl over the bed. Others in our party had a large one and that was much better. They also overlooked the internal courtyard whereas we overlooked the neighbouring bar, which is Hen Party Central until 1.30 or 2 in the morning. Just about bearable with the window shut, but as it was hot the room got very stuffy -- no air conditioning. We would stay there again but would be really careful about specifying which room we wanted.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the internal courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel is slap bang in the centre of Bristol. There could not be a better location for the harbourside etc. I would describe the décor as simple but contemporary and very much up to date. I was really impressed and I'm fussy and into interiors! The beds were super comfy too and I'm not a great sleeper! It really is great value for the price. Yes the rooms are small but it is in the city centre and you don't really need much space when you're out and about for the majority of the day. What was incredible though was the breakfast! The specials (at no extra cost i.e. pancakes, French breads etc) were absolutely delicious and up there with 5* boutique hotels. They also have a lovely outside courtyard where we had breakfast when it was sunny and you can also have a drink out there which is great after a long day. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Not on the street side as it's very much in the action of all the bars etc
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is in a great location for a night out in Bristol, and the staff are lovely. The decor is nice and the breakfast, at extra cost, was superb value and very nice. Unfortunately our room was tiny, with no wardrobe or place to put your suitcase and a minute cupboard of a bathroom. It was all very smart, and we looked over the courtyard, which was supposed to be the quiet side.. However, we were still disturbed many times in the night by drunken yelling. I am sure it would be fine if it hadn't been Saturday night though.

Room Tip: If you want a long stay you may find there is not enough space - although perhaps they have bigger rooms than ours. I imagine road-facing rooms are unbearably noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed one night whilst visiting friends in Bristol, really very central, small room, clean and totally adequate for 1 night ( probably would want a bit more space if you were staying longer) We also had our 1 year old so it was a bit tight !
Bathroom clean, comfy bed, not too noisy even though quite central. REALLY friendly receptionist and night porter and breakfast was good too, if you just want a good stopover in Bristol I would recommend, the only slight problem was that we had loads of luggage as we were on our way home from Cornwall and there is no car park - had to use the NCP 5 min away so a bit of a struggle with luggage but, then it was in the city centre so only to be expected !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a very convenient place to stay if you are coming to Bristol for a theatre trip or a concert at Colston Hall. I stayed in a higher priced room, so am presuming the others are smaller, I would find the room too small if I was not going to out in the evening, but as I was, it was perfect. The welcome was very warm and the room comfortable. Because of it's central location it was somewhat noisy late in the evening, but that is not the fault of the guesthouse. I have marked it 4 out of 5 because there was no phone in the room and there was no decaff option for coffee or tea, no herbal tea and only one sachet of sweetener. But my best mark of approval is that I would be happy to stay there again. I did not have any food at the hotel, but as I left in the morning the breakfasts certainly appeared appetising. The owners/staff at the hotel were quite charming and made me feel very welcome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo