1,559 results
All reviews city centre bear pit car park cabot circus rain shower sofa bed executive room an upgrade modern hotel per night room was large reception staff stayed here for one night saturday night lovely room ihg parking
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

A warning if you’re staying in a room at the front - you will get no sleep! I didn’t! Roadworks go on till 2am - which involve drilling, digging, shouting and vans reversing. Alongside noisy buses and other road noise! Called downstairs to ask if I could move rooms after attempting to sleep through it, but they said they could not move me.
Breakfast - choose the cornflakes! Scrambled eggs were drier than the Sahara desert and ‘Cumberland sausages’ were like mush! No good morning greeting from any of the staff, just so shocked at the price of a room here for what you get.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Can’t fault the attitude of the staff: consistently helpful. But there is a lack of attention to detail that can be irritating.
In our case the extra bed was not made and we were not provided with the correct number of towels.
Trivia but annoying and easy to fix.
Good location but avoid the Bearpit.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank RushGreen53
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on Sunday. Long wait at check in, and reception area very hot. Room was nice and bed comfortable. Only one biscuit with tea and coffee in a room booked for two people. Breakfast was average on bank holiday Monday morning. Coffee from a machine which created chaos next to the toaster. Stroppy waitress shouting at people to not use them as no milk. This despite the machine saying choose drink. What happened to tea/coffee being brought to the table? Surely that is simpler and might mean the waitress was less stroppy and shouty. Doubt I’ll be back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Broadie74
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2019

Hello Broadie74,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part your visit here in the City of Bristol. We are grateful that you've chosen the Holiday Inn to host you.

We are determined to deliver the joy of travel for all, Broadie74, but I'm sorry that you found this trip to be average at best. I read that your morning started roughly because of how you perceive our staff and the coffee machine. Yes, I know it could've been handled better. I also regard your thoughts about the queue during check-in, the lobby temperature, and the in-room amenities. Amidst all these, it made me smile that you liked the room and comfortable our beds are.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 23, 2019

One night stay 22.05.19 , requested and got early check in . No welcome letter anymore and no room upgrade despite being "Spire" . The staff are overall very good and no complaints there . My main complaint about this hotel is management penny pinching still going on . I book through IHG and you know how many guests but still only one gown and slippers in the room for two guests , only one biscuit , no hot chocolate anymore , one kitkat , enough toiletries for one . Come on everytime you say you will address this and you never do . At breakfast we were informed at 9:30 that the buffet would be closing in 15 mins , thats 9:45 not the advertised 10 o'clock . No air con in the public spaces exceedingly hot at breakfast and in the evening having drinks . Come on HI Bristol just do what you should do the staff work hard and are the plus point now , stop the penny pinching .

Room tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank executivesuite
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for 2 nights last weekend, parking is an NCP car park directly under the hotel which is good but is £17.50 a day so he prepared to add that on top of your room price.
We had a standard room which was nice and clean but I wasn’t impressed with the frosted glass bathroom door, (I don’t wish to see my husband sat on the toilet whilst I’m stood drying my hair)
We were travelling with friends for a wedding but being 5 months pregnant I decided stay in alone the first evening and order room service, it took them forever to answer the phone but when they did I ordered a pepperoni pizza and large Diet Pepsi, this came to £19.95 which includes £3.50 tray service. It came in about 20 mins but the pizza was awful, the centre was ok but half way up each slice was dry and rock hard and I’ve honestly had better pizzas for under £1 in the local supermarket. The next evening me and my husband went to the McDonald’s just across the road for our evening meal and brought that back to the room. The first night I decided to iron whilst I was in alone, the iron was terrible, the steam and water buttons didn’t work and it just didn’t get hot enough to iron my husbands shirt, I’d have been better off using my hair straighteners.
Each morning we had breakfast downstairs for convenience, it was £9.95 on the day or £7.95 if you booked the day before and this got u a buffet style breakfast. The food was decent with the exception of the sausage which was cheap. It was very hot in the restaurant and reception area, the air con must have been broken.
I have only given this hotel a 3* as when I tot up what we have spent in this hotel I find it to be very overpriced in areas

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear jadePembo,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations regarding our room service, the iron and our breakfast. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. I sincerely apologize for the experience.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments!

Best Regards,