“Perfect hotel for my stag :)”

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 nights b&b with a stag agency and it cost £99 per person. The hotel is in a great location and very easy access to shops, bars and clubs about 5min walk to most places.

Rooms were very clean and modern and nothing bad to say about them. All the staff were brilliant and very welcoming.

I do only have one grudge which I wish was delt with better. Due to being a stag party on arrival we were told we had to pay £50 per person deposit incase we wreck the room and would be refunded on departure. The money was taken from our accounts and left a few of the guys short for the weekend. I just hope the money is refunded!!! ( I checked all the rooms as well ). I really don't see how it's acceptable to immediately take more money from a group without prior notice. Why not take a card for authorisation and if any damage is done then charge the card? This is not a good policy you have in place just taking money straight away for somthing that may or more than likely not happen.

I have to say it was a real downer on the group after looking in accounts to find money for the weekend depleated.

• Stayed: August 2013
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your great review; I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay. I’d also like to thank you for your kind comment’s regarding the hotel and staff.

As you have highlighted we do have a policy in place for stag and hen groups. I was disappointed to learn that the agency had not had instructed / advised you of the terms and conditions, we do make this clear to them. I’m sorry this affected your stay and thank you for bringing this to my attention; I shall be seeking further clarification from our agencies as to why this important piece of information was not brought to your attention.

Gavin Ethridge

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just had to write to say what a wonderful time we spent in the Holiday Inn, Bristol.
The family room was huge,spacious and spotless with all mod cons. Derek was an extremely helpful concierge and so knowledgeable about the local area. Peter was so kind to the children and made them fresh pancakes. Finally Janet was very friendly and helpful at reception. We had a fabulous holiday and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on line. I was delighted to read your comments regarding the team; they are the heart and soul of then hotel. I will ensure this review is feed back to them.

Gavin Ethridge

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This Holiday Inn has recently undergone a refurbishment although the shell of the hotel of course remains the same and looks rather dated. We were provided with a well-proportioned room which included a large Samsung TV and DVD player which was a welcome change. The bathroom was fitted well in a modern styling with a very spacious and wonderful shower with plenty of toiletries. The hotel, although described as City Centre could probably be described as being on the edge of the main City area although this is to its' benefit as everything is within a very walkable distance and we didn't have any issues with noise from the busy roundabout at all. Reception staff were friendly and helpful athough the security staff on ground level were a little surly but I suppose they are not really customer focussed like reception staff. The bed wasn't as comfortable as it looks although it was plenty big enough. There is a £10 per night subsidised parking charge for the adjoining NCP car park. We didn't eat at the hotel although we did use the gym which is of a moderate size and has enough equipment to do all the essentials (incl. some varied weights machines).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Blackcherry,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay.

As you noticed , we are a new generation Holiday Inn only open for a couple of years with all the modcons one would require from a 4-star hotel . We offer rooms from standard to suites And despite our central location our double glazing and sound proofing allows customers like you still enjoy a quiet stay.

Although you did not manage to try the Spot Restaurant or the Severn Bar this time round, I would highly recommend to give them a go perhaps next time you return where you can select from locally sourced , high quality menu items whether you dine in the morning lunchtime or in the evening.

To get the best deal, just call our hotel direct or go on our website.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Arrived in Bristol at the Holiday Inn on Bond Street, and instantly felt at home in the foyer of the hotel. The staff were great and welcoming, asking about our journey and previous experiences at the Holiday Inn. Our previous experience was far from great.
We checked in on the Saturday afternoon and were upgraded to a luxury room with a sofabed. This was on the 6th floor overlooking the city, the bearpit and hills beyond. The room was superb, very spacious, queen bed, air conditioning that functioned and a superb television.
We made great use out of the ipod hifi beside the bed. Got the evening going before we even got out the door into the city.

The hotel is located towards the top of the city, and really is in a great location for whetever you need. We had two superb breakfasts in the lobby breakfast room, and were able to take our time over breakfast and coffee deciding on what to do with our day.

Seriously, this is such an improvement to our previous stay in Kingston South. You do yourselves proud.

Thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor in a luxury room, it was quiet and we slept very well. Add breakfast to y...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear domidge,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your experience with us.

It is wonderful to hear that another customer of ours had a great stay from all aspects including the bedroom facilites, customer service both at Front Desk and Food & Beverage whilst you also managed to take advantage of our extensive buffet breakfast.

Thank you once again and hope to see you return.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for two nights with our daughter. Upon arrivle we wher surprised to find out that we are on a suite. While entering the room, the first impression is very good. The suite was very big and very modern but, although it's a relatively new hotel, it already looks a bit old . Ther were holes in the parquet floor , the door Handel to the bathroom fell etc... All looks very low level. The wifi is not free and when we asked about it they wanted to charge our room instead of telling us that we do have 30 minutes gratitude . Most of the people in reception looked as if they didn't care but I would give another star just because of two great ladies in the reception Ilona and janette. The really gave us a service as it should be and even more. First of all with a smile, then they gave us so many great tips about the area and we had a beautiful trip to southwest of uk which we didn't plan. So, thanks Ilona and janette. You made our trip really cool:)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bfgs
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear bfgs,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay especially for the wonderful praise you gave for the service of two of our Front Desk staff: Janet and Ilona.

I was surprised to hear about the issues you encountered in your room and we also offer wifi for free to our Gold and Platinum members .
I apologize if you felt some things were not up to the usual high standard we provide and for that I would appreciate some more details to investigate. Please contact me at the Hotel on 0117 924 5000.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, Tues n Wed, and had a really nice room. I had a huge bed with a sofa in the room. The room was large and well fitted. Breakfast was included, which was very good. The extra option of a chef cooking omelettes was very good.
The receptionstaff were all very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robbie B,

Thank you for your compliments regarding your stay .

I am glad that you were very not only pleased with your large superior room along our mouth-watering buffet breakfast but you found the service satisfactory too.
I will make sure I pass your comments on to the teams.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for a Saturday night. The hotel is well situated close to the shops and a 10 minute walk from the train station. The Hotel itself was clean and modern in the inside. I ordered lamb for a main meal, the food was very well prepared and tasted beautiful; the portions were quite small though and not on the cheap side. The room itself was very clean and modern. The gym has a small gym, to be honest its not really of any use. I was hoping for a swimming pool but the hotel does not contain one. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Peter G ,

Thank you for you lovely feedback on your stay .

It is great to hear that the staff recognized your status as an IHG Reward Club member and you were able to enjoy the facilites from the bedroom through to the food and beverage outlets as well as the location . As you say, although being in a central location, one can still enjoy the quietness of our hotel .

I will make sure it is passed on.