“Ok.”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
blackpool
“Ok.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Recently spent 3 nights here in business. Not the best was in room 511 the bed was like sleeping on the floor and the noise frim the bins outside wake you up. breakfast as standard.
evening meal...ok hotel.food.
checkout...slighty worrying thst the receptionist needed a calculator to subtract £30.00 frim £37.60.....
Car park is via NCP.
Overall OK BUT as a single female i didnt feel safe trecking around multi storey car park at night with a case then up stairs then to level 2 to check in then hunting my room down a long corridor.

• Stayed November 2012
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear amanda g

Thank you for your feedback .

We appreciate your comments on the firmness of your bed which may be explained being
the newest hotel in Bristol. This is however a very rare feedback we receive.

To ensure our customer's safety and security , the NCP car park is equipped with fully lockable automatic gates and regular patrols are also carried out.

We also have a complimentary drop-off point at the side of the hotel from the car park where our Concierge staff can provide help 24/7. We are more than happy to assist if required.

If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us in advance.

Andrea Eldridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I checked in to this wonderful hotel last week and wasn't told that they had upgraded me to a suite - I squealed with delight when I opened the door, it was fabulous!

As a lone female traveller who hadn't been to this hotel before I was a bit wary of the car parking but there was no need for concern, you can access the hotel directly from the car park.

Room service was delicious, the menu at first looked a little limited (not the 'standard' HI room service menu) but the portions were huge - I'd highly recommend the banana waffle!

A fabulous hotel, amazing room, great location - I didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Room 622 - wonderful!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Wemster,

Thank you for your comments on your stay.

We are delighted that we could wow you whilst staying with us.

Not only we aim to upgrade our customer who are regulars but also have the safety and security of our guests in mind.

Looking forward to seeing you soon, when you should be able to enjoy our new Room Service menu options with just as big portion sizes .

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in a deluxe room, which I totally recommend everybody planning to stay in this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The deluxe room is very spacious and has a nice clear but welcoming design and a "open bath" concept which you maybe know form the Radisson BLU in Zurich.
The beds are not the most comfortable ones I ever slept in, but for one night they were great. The food from the restaurant was surprisingly great, as I am personally not a big fan of the british cuisine. The hotel is situated near the centre of Bristol and with a little bit luck you have a nice view form the room.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AWilhelm89
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear AWilhelm89

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Very glad to hear that you found our room modern but welcoming and our staff courteous and friendly.

Hope to welcome you back in the near future where you can try another room of our or to enjoy another great meal in our Spot Restaurant

Harrogate
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Booked a King Suite here for a short family break in the middle of a couple of visits to family elsewhere in the South.

Overall I've got mixed feelings about the hotel. There are some bits they can't change and some bits the really need to work on.

Firstly parking the car is interesting. You go past the hotel and park in the NCP park. No problem, except there are signs for Hotel parking spaces and the spaces were all full. So we stopped at the drop-off point and I got out, climbed a set of steps and asked a security guard who told us to park anywhere (provided you stay within the white lines - apparently the NCP people are fond of clamping cars that are not parked correctly). Then when you have parked the car, the temptation is to go back through the doors by the drop-off point. If you do, you either have to climb stairs carrying a suitcase (if you have one) or get in a disabled lift. I and my Stepdaughter did the latter, my wife climbed the stairs. The lift has dire warnings about it only being for the disabled. In fact it's probably easier for all to leave the car park and walk around the front of the hotel.

Checking in was fairly easy although I started to get a bit perturbed when the staff seemed to keep referring back to the screen and then looking at the 3 of us. However, all passed without bother or comment and we set off to our room.

The Suite had a real "WOW" factor. No question, it's big and well appointed - 3 tv's including the one at the end of the bath. You don't really want to leave (....or do you given the range of niggly problems?)

So we unpacked and that's when the inklings that all is not as it should be appeared. The phone rang and a voice enquired how many people would be staying in the room, was it 2 or 3? I'd booked the room via the Intercontinental Hotel website (or Holiday inn, or Priority club - I forget what it is now) and not only booked it for 3, but named my 2 guests. A problem as the sofa bed hadn't been made up. I said this was ok, just give us the bed linen and we can make it up ourselves when we need to and use the sofa bed as a sofa during the day. The linen duly arrived, minus any pillows. Not too much of a problem as I frequently don't use a pillow so my stepdaughter had mine.

Then we realised that the room only had 2 cups, 2 of each size of glass (2 for wine, 2 large and 2 small tumblers - also 2 tooth mugs). Oddly enough only 1 flannel - again this isn't a problem as we bring our own anyway. 2 dressing gowns. (4 sets of towels though!). Obviously 2 is the number they expect per room and despite the website, they have a problem conceiving of any more (computer says no?).

Then there was the toilet roll problem. The one in the bathroom was about to run out and there was no spare. We didn't actually notice this until the following morning when there was none left. A phone-call got 2 more brought up, but is that really what should happen? And shouldn't the housekeeping staff keep an eye on this. They didn't as a day later I had to ask at reception for a spare to be delivered to the room or we'd have run-out again. Has rationing started?

I found the bed fine to sleep on, my wife had problems so I'm not sure about that one, sofa bed was fine for stepdaughter (who being a teenager, would have moaned if it hadn't been).

Breakfast is a bit of a let down as far as the full English goes. You can knock nails in with the black pudding and the sausages are wrapped in leather (or the knives are not very sharp). Also on the first day it was announced that the food would be removed at 9.30. I know the breakfast finished then, but was it necessary to come round and announce it to each individual table like an old fashioned landlady? Frank Carson et al would have a field day. They seemed to be a little more lenient on the second day – either that or I missed the announcement.

That sums it up really. Ignore the car parking thing – although in wet weather I wouldn’t want to walk round to the front of the hotel dragging my suitcase. The hotel needs an attention to detail to make it more welcoming and deliver what it says it can, certainly for those who are not singles on business trips. I know that things were sorted after a phone call, and I should have phoned about other things.

But really, should I be organising the way the place is run?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Fred-the-needle,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our services. We always welcome them so we can learn and improve our services.

In order for me to be able to fully utilize your comments, I would really appreciate if you could contact me with more details through the hotel number 0117 924 5000.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kelty, Fife
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night at this hotel recently whilst in Bristol and can find no complaints whatsoever. On check in I found the staff to be very polite and friendly. I received an upgrade to an executive room which was mond blowing, a large seating area with large tv, king size bed again with large tv, the room even had a PS3 installed to keep me amused. The bathroom had a large stand alone bath (complete with tv) and a large walk in shower. Breakfast is standard buffet fayre with plentiful supply although omellettes and pancakes are cooked fresh on demand. All in all a very pleasant stay and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2012
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Keltygaz,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is lovely to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us from check-in , through the room to the breakfast facilities and staff.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Aylesbury, Bucks, UK.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre during late October 2012 and had a restful short stay. The hotel was clean, well organised with staff that were pleasant, courteous and only to pleased to offer support and advice. The weather was lousy, however reception staff were so helpful in ordering taxi's. During our stay we visited the Clifton Suspension Bridge designed by the 24 year old British engineer, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, as we were new to Bristol we sought advice from reception on how to get there and the reception staff were so accommodating with helpful detail on how to get there. The accommodation was very comfortable and reassuringly clean and warm. Breakfast was plentiful with a variety of options. All-in-all, an excellent stay. Thank you and well done, Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Keentraveller52,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

Nice to hear that even during your short trip , we were able to help with making a positive first impression of us and through us of Bristol.

If you want to explore Bristol any further, just contact our in-house reservations department to take advantage of our great Attraction package or book online .

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

west midlands
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night after a days shopping, we had an executive room which has a whirlpool bath in fantastic after a days shopping, the room was massive and as it was on the 6th floor the views from the floor to ceiling windows was fantastic, the only down side was that the check in staff was not overly helpful we had to ask about times for breakfast and where it was served, a little petty i know but if only they had done that it would have been 100% perfect instead of just 95%,
We ate in the hotel resturant for dinner which again was top notch the service and the food was out of this world nothing was to much trouble we had fishcakes as starters that wasnt even on the menu but was done for us, the main course we both had chicken with diferent cream sauces which we both really enjoyed, the best pudding by far was the strawberry and raspberry pavlova.....
The breakfast is served in the same resturant which is a buffet style mostly but there is also a chef on hand to cook omlette and pancakes to order, a real hearty breakfast...

Room Tip: Go for executive if your budget allows
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mickw66,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I am so pleased that you could take full advantage of our great room and that our central location help you to have the ideal shopping experience in Bristol.

I appreciate your feedback on the Reception staff as well as other departments and facilities. We put a lot of effort into our Food & Beverage service with great choices from breakfast through dinner .

By being scored 95% , it shows that our hard work is paying off and we are sure working toward getting 100% next time you stay with us.