“Nice clean and friendly helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
“Nice clean and friendly helpful staff”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here for 6 weeks.. it was always clean, everyone from cleaners to managers are friendly and helpful. The internet works very well compared to other hotels. I think only a vending machine would be a great idea. Gym is ok. resturant meals are very big and nice but are expensive. Handy location just on the edge of the citiy centre shops. The car parking is crazy sometimes the ticket does not work so you have to call the carpark office via a button on the exit.. trouble is you cannot get out until they fix it.. some times this took 30+ mins.. which not make the other happy behind you as there is one exit only for one car at a time and cannot reverse back etc

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the building are bigger
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Gareth079,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is especially valuable to hear it from guests staying longer or regularly giving us a rounder picture.

Great to know that you enjoyed our services from cleanliness though staff service to the Spot Restaurant.

We are pleased that you found the qiuality and qunatity of our Al'Carte menu to your liking .
Perhaps next time you retunr , you are able to give a try to our great value Early Bird Table D'hote menu which you can enjoy at a discount if you book before 7pm.
However we are also introducing further Daily Specials to suit all needs .

Thank you also for your comments on parking and vending machine .

Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night on business. The hotel is centrally located with plenty of car parking (chargeable). The staff were efficient and friendly and the room well kept and clean. The food in the restaurant was of a good standard both for the evening meal and the buffet style breakfast. Next time I need a hotel in central Bristol I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear MrNoo,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are so pleased that all aspects of your stay was to your satisfaction from location, through to cleanliness and staff service as well as breakfast experience.

Looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Paid £145 for a 'Deluxe' room on Saturday night and my wife and I were expecting something quite large and a bit special. After quite a long wait at reception we were given a room on the executive floor (6th). However, the room was much smaller than we expected. It had enough room for a 5ft bed (man made thin duvet), a bucket easy chair, desk and chair and large screen TV. On the upside it was nicely decorated and clean. There was a mini bar but it was locked. To get it unlocked required calling reception but they didn't answer so I went down.

When I got to reception and got to the front of the queue I asked them whether they had a bigger room and to get clarity on what Deluxe actually meant. The tariff rate in reception shows standard, executive rooms and suites. Apparently Deluxe was equivalent to Executive but these are the same size as standard rooms - you just get a bigger TV, some nicer toiletries and that seems to be it. They did kindly come up to show me another room on the same corridor but it was identical so we opted to stay put. I forgot to ask them to unlock the minibar (darn).

We went out that night so I can't report on the dinner (I recommend Aqua on Whiteladies Road). When we got back at about 11pm there was a nightclub pounding out music at the back of the hotel. Luckily we were exhausted so it didn't keep us awake.

Breakfast was also a bit disappointing. The restaurant is large and modern but the service stretches to table clearing and serving tea and coffee. All food is by buffet and was a bit limited. It felt closer to a Holiday Inn Express experience, but with cooked food and twice the price.

Plus points? Slap bang in the middle of Bristol, on a roundabout, with plenty of parking underneath. Overnight parking costs £10 and you have to pay for your ticket at reception (queue again) otherwise it costs £20. We had to leave to go out after two hours and it cost £6 without hotel discount.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms may be noisy from traffic but rear facing rooms may have loud music from a nearby...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Colin Thames,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry if you felt the room was small compared to the price you paid. As you mentioned, the Deluxe rooms come with the high quality furnishing. They also include a double bed and rain shower on top of the extra amenities. I double checked the description to make sure it reflects out product.

I understand that you booked your room a few days prior to arrival . This may explain the higher price . The sooner you book a room the better deals you will find, like our Advance Purchase rates.

I would really appreciate if you could contact me regarding the rest of your feedback so I can get more details to further investigate .

I am very pleased however that the staff response was to your liking.

Looking forward to your reply.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Not all Holiday Inns are pleasant but this is a great clean modern hotel. The breakfast was exceptional with a great choice and food made to order.

The customer service was outstanding especially the older staff member who was at the lower reception area near the car park. He was very helpful and provided details for the local area.

The hotel is on a busy ring road but this should not deter you from staying here as it is well located for the sights of Bristol and Bath.

Many people may be put off that this is a Holiday Inn but this is not just any Holiday Inn! Exceptional!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear angelbeach_100,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am so pleased that we could cater to your need and in some cases surpassed them.

It is a great feeling to know that we are on the right line when it comes to customer service whether it is our great breakfast or the staff attitude throughout.

I have passed your comments on to ensure everybody is aware.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed in an executive room (we booked in advance and got a good deal). Our room was lovely - very spacious and modern. The bed was massive. It was lovely and quiet so we got a good night's sleep. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better (right in the city centre). The concierge was very helpful. We'll definitely use Holiday Inn again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SH828828,

Thank you for you lovely comments.

It is wonderful to hear that another guest of ours thoroughly enjoyed their stay with us from the reservations stage via a good deal through the facilities as well our staff service.

I hope to welcome you back in the future being able to take advantage again of one of our brilliant offers!

uk
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Have just arrived back from a terrible night's stay at this hotel

First we arrived and was rudely told by concierge on the ground floor that we had to check in in reception on level two

Then in reception we had further problems which were finally resolved but the staff were not very helpful or flexible

on arrival in our room we found it to be cold and the bathroom was poorly cleaned with hairs left in the shower, I called reception and asked for it to be cleaned and was told that it would be done as soon as possible, this NEVER happened

After our evening out we called into reception to ask for more teabags but all they had were flavoured ones, the man there did go and look out the back but then arrived to say they were out of them, again we got no apology
but funnily enough they had them for breakfast in the morning

When we got to our floor we found the hallways freezing and despite leaving the heating on our rooms they were not much warmer
I'm sure this was due to our very draughty windows which were also useless and keeping out any noise and there was a disco club somewhere below
we were on the top floor but I feel for the people lower down

The breakfast was ok but not worth what they charge for it and the staff are slow to offer help and clear/re-stock the tables

when I checked out I was asked how my stay was and I said very cold
the receptionist said yes I know, but no apology????
where do they get these people from??

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sunnymae,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

I feel very disappointed to learn that it was not to your satisfaction. This is no the service we are known for.

I have passed on your comments to the relevant department heads for them to action.

I apologize for those shortcomings, and thank you for bringing it to our attention helping us improve.

Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night in October when visiting the theatre, and as everyone else has said this hotel has a real sense of luxury. Having read lots of tips from other reviews, I had requested a 'deluxe' room on a high floor. Check in was easy and very quick and staff were polite and efficient with the room cards already prepared for our arrival.
The room was clean and modern with nice features and a lovely double shower.
We didn’t eat or drink in the hotel so can’t comment on the bar or restaurant, but both looked good and followed the modern decor theme.
Check out was busy but again the staff were helpful and quick to deal with the waiting customers.

The hotels car park is operated by NCP, although at a subsidized rate for hotel patrons of £10 per night. It was clean and secure, and given the proximity to the town centre (same applies to the hotel) is one of the real selling points.

I will defiantly be returning to this hotel, and recommend it to anyone looking for a 'luxury' hotel in Bristol.

Room Tip: High floors give good vews, ask for an even number for a front view onto cabots circus
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Sam N,

Thank you so much for your great review.

I am so pleased that another of our guets enjoyed our hospitality which can be fed back to the hotel team keeping us all going.

If you decide to returr (we certainly hope so), I would recommend to take advantage of our different packages giving you the options to go shopping, visit the theatre /attractions or just simply celebrate in style whilst enjoying our food and beverage outlets. They are great value for money.

You will be able to book those with our hotel direct or via our website.

Thank you once again and looking forward seeing you soon.