“Amazing Stay :)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
lichfield
“Amazing Stay :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here with my partner in the executive suite what can I say the room was amazing I can honestly say that after the numerous hotels we have stayed in this was the best,granted it can be seen as quite expensive however I truly believe it was worthwhile. I would highly recommend eating in the dinning area the food was gorgeous well done to the employees who have made this hotel a class above the rest :)

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM-BRSCC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for writing a review.
I was very pleased to read that you had an "amazing stay". We offer a selection of room types from standard, superior, deluxe, executive and suite. I was also pleased that you really enjoyed the food. All food is freshly prepared by the chefs on a daily basis and I am extremely pleased with the quality of the food that we serve at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Andrew Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel, and I've now been converted to a Holiday Inn fan.

Good points:
-couldn't be more central.
-staff friendliest and most helpful that I've come accross in a good while (at both restaurant/bar and reception)
-very clean
-rooms lovely, good size
-even the room service menu didn't seem terribly expensive (which is unusual) Didn't try it, but it sounded very nice.
-free range eggs available at breakfast :)
-comfortable beds
-just an all 'round nice stay.

Bad points:
-No bad points for the actual hotel, but had to go through a slightly dodgy feeling underpass to get to and from town (and bus station), but there are probably detours available. Fine for during the day, but probably wouldn't head through there myself at night.

We really enjoyed our stay here, and this will be our first choice hotel from now on for any future Bristol visits.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review.
I was pleased to read that in general you had a very positive stay and enjoyed the hotel and facilities. The underpass you refer to is covered by 24hr CCTV coverage that is reviewed by bristol city council and the police so is actually very safe although it currently is not the most sightly experience. I am pleased to announce that Bristol Council are applying for £1million funding to transform this area. Possibly a place for concerts and exhibitions and with walkways accross the roundabout so you do not have to walk through the rubway. (All very positive and hopefully the planning and funding will be approved as soon as possible and the work then carried out. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel as your preferred hotel to stay at in Bristol.

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

As a regular user of Holiday Inn's I must say this is the best one ive stayed in and frequently go back to.

Rooms are fantastic, all with large wide screen tv's, very well laid out, great bathrooms, some have massive walk in shower areas but all have very large power showers on the ceiling so none of this trickle of water over the bath stuff. Radio alarms in every room, plus had a dvd player in an executive room

The food was pretty good too, tried breakfast and dinner.

Great location across from Cabot Circus which has many different restaurants, cinema etc inside and 2 mins walk from the bus station for anyone using the airport flyer session this hotel would save extra taxis etc as you can easily walk between.

Room Tip: Stick to rooms with a low number on each floor, as the lifts are at one end of a very long corridor...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason M
GM-BRSCC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for writing a review.

I was very pleased to read that you have used the hotel regularly and have found it to be very good - "Best Holiday Inn". I will feed all of your comments back to the hotel team. Although a new hotel which obviously means all furiture and fixings etc are new it is very important that we get the service aspect right also.

As you say we are in an ideal location for the coach station, shops and city centre locations, but also easily accessible to the M32.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed here for a few days in December. The hotel is new so everything looks good. Rooms are very comfortable and bathrooms have a nice simple design.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was surprisingly good, we had dinner there twice and both times were impressed. Breakfast was also good.

My only Problem was with the Internet... Doesn't work well with Mac products - including their Mac in the Internet area by the restaurant....

Location was just near the main shopping area and very easy to reach.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank FCR8
GM-BRSCC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you for writing a review.
I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. All of the food is freshly prepared on a daily basis and I am very proud of the quality of food that is prepared by the chef's. We have been receiving very positive feedback and I appreciate your comments. Thank you for highlighting that you had an issue with internet (Mac products) - I have just called our internet providers to discuss your comments. We have a standard log in page currently and this has caused a few problems with (Mac products) - they are currently testing a new log in page that would establish which type of devise you are using to access the internet and then ensure that the log on page is compatible to this product. So hopefully i the near future this will resolve any issues for all types of products. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Bristol.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Lovely hotel! Nice spacious double room with tv and good air con! Bathroom was really nice with usual clean towels! No options to buy toothpaste etc though!
Didn't eat breakfast but I had a good sleep until the cleaner tried to break down the door at 10am!! I locked the door in the night! But over all it is a nice hotel! I recommend book online!!! I got it for £60

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review.

I was pleased that you thought the hotel was lovely.
We do have a selection of "forgot me items" such as toothpaste that are kept at reception and are given to guests on a complimentary basis. Please except my apologies if this was not explained to you. We have a switch in all bedrooms that alllows you to operate the do not disturb light that indicates outside of the bedroom. If this light is illuminated then housekeeping are aware that the guest does not want to be disturbed. Please accept my apologies if you were not informed of this feature. I am pleased that you were able to book a very good rate on-line and hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Bristol.

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

This hotel surprised me. The hotel is right in the centre of Bristol -looks like a new build. Parking is available onsite at a £10 discounted rate. However, the car park is tight. Larger vehicles than a car may struggle. We were well received, and check in was efficient. I had a room on the prioirtyclub floor which seemed promising if not slightly different for the brand. Most Crowne Plaza's have a club lounge -not at this hotel. Other than receiving a letter recognising that I was a platinum member of the Prioirtyclub nothing much else was in evidence -certainly no free drink at the bar or water in my room. This is disappointing, but shouldn’t detract from the quality of the hotel.

The rooms are excellent and modern -really good value for the room rate we paid. We didn’t get chance to try breakfast as we were working early the following day. However the bar area is nice and the quality of the beer was superb. The bar manager on Saturday night was extremely professional and courteous.

Overall a good stay, but a little more respect needs to be paid to those who spend considerable amounts throughout the IHG chain.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM-BRSCC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you for writing a review and I was pleased that in general you had an enjoyable stay.
The hotel is a new build and when completing this we also considered what we could do to ensure that priority club members are well received. The solution was to create a priority club floor that we could allocate all priority club members to. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Bristol.

Alcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We recently stayed here whilst visiting Bristol for a family wedding. We managed to find a fantastic deal on an online booking webpage. We found the parking very easy - an excellent facility (there is a £10 charge for this). We were checked in very quickly (although they failed to mention the £10 breakfast deal, which is only availiable on the day of check in). We found our room to be very spacious - although we were a little surprised to find we had been allocated the disabled room (we did not require these facilities - although they looked very adequate). This meant we did not have access to a bath - which would have been nice. We slept very well - no complaints there. We also had a wonderful breakfast -very fresh and plenty of choice (perhaps a little expensive). The only issue we had was with the bathroom in our bedroom - the shower did not drain at all - it completely flooded the bathroom - the floor was covered, loo roll soaked etc.However, all in all a great place to stay when visiting Bristol.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM-BRSCC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Thank you for writing a review.
I was pleased to read that you managed to find a fantastic deal. The NCP carpark below the hotel charges £19, but the hotel has purchased some spaces and can offer residents a reduced fee of £10 for 24hours (You can exit and return as many times as you require over the 24hr period). Please accept my apologies that my team did not inform you on check in that you could purchase breakfast at a reduced rate of £10 on arrival as opposed to the normal charge of £13.95. We offer a very large selection of both hot and cold breakfast items and the chef will cook you omelletes or pancakes to order within the restaurant. The hotel does have 6 accessible bedrooms. If someone would prefer not to stay in an accessible bedroom and the hotel has the availability we will also try to move guests if requested. Please accept my apologies that the shower did not drain properly. This has been reviewed by the maintenance team and the problem rectified. I was pleased that in general you had an enjoyable stay and hope that you will choose to stay again on your next visit to Bristol.