“Just what I wanted.”

Glanville Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Glanville Guest House
Ranked #14 of 52 Bristol B&B and Inns
Farrington Gurney, United Kingdom
“Just what I wanted.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had to be in Bristol for a filming commitment, and my accomodation had let me down at the last minute. I was so relieved to get a room at the Glanville. The bonus was that it was clean, warm, comfortable, the bedlinen was lovely, I had everything I needed, and I felt comfortable to come and go as I pleased. All for £28 a night! Not en-suite as they had none by the time I rang, but the shared bathroom was clean and the shower a good one. No hesitation in recommending and I'll stay there again if the need arises. And it only took me five minutes to walk to our film location!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cowes, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

A welcoming place on a quiet Sunday evening. It might have been Amy and Greg's night off, but that didn't mean I was not looked after. The room was just right for my needs - clean, comfy and perfectly adequate. There was a good choice of help yourself breakfast items.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
royroyis
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wanted a clean, comfortable guest house and that was exactly what I received. I had a lovely chat with one of the owners when I arrived and they let us drop our bags off and collect keys in the morning.

The breakfast was, as advertised, a help yourself to toast, cereal, yogurt ect. with a good selection and plenty of juice, tea or coffee.

The only negative was that I had a room at the front of the house so if you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back.

Good location to explore Bristol and a nice walk into town along the river.

I will probably stay again next time I visit family in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rutland
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed one night in the Glanville and were really pleased. Our room was a family room on the ground floor and it was spacious with an ensuite.The shower was good and the room was very clean. The bed was very comfy and the linen and towels were lovely.... liked the 'bounce back' pillows!!
The help yourself continental breakfast was appreciated with a choice of cerals and museli, croissants and bread, fruit and yoghurts. Little teapots were a nice touch as well as cafetieres for those that like to start the day with coffee.
All in all we appreciated that thought and effort had been put in to the whole set up. We will be back again no doubt when we need to come to Bristol.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suejenn
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed last minute at the Glanville and were very pleased with the accomodation, rooms were lovely and clean, also just a quick walk into the centre of Bristol - now made even shorter by the cut through by the Mshed on the river (handy with young ones). The owners Amy and Greg were very welcoming and helpful even telling us where we could take our 3 children after we had a fun day at the Balloon Festival - which is something not to miss! So all in all brilliant, and will most certainly be staying there again :o)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TanBradClan
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 10, 2012

In 2012 I stayed twice (10 days in March, 5 days in May ) at the Glanville Guest House. Booked from Berlin I found a beautiful room, a fine continental breakfast and the very obliging landlords Amy and Greg. Situated at the Avon a nice view is guaranteed. The next time in Bristol I am going to stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mario L
Bristol
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I booked my mum in to stay here for a weekend because of the good reviews I read. It was not a nice place at all. We saw the owners once, when mum arrived, she just collected the money and that was it. No sign of them after that. The breakfast was a self-service continental with poor quality coffee and bread. No alternative to butter and no one to ask for anything. The other guests left a lot to be desired - noisy and rude. Would not put anyone into this B&B again: Unfriendly and not welcoming.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family