“Lovely hotel, really pleasant staff”

Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
UK
“Lovely hotel, really pleasant staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriott for work, really pleased with my warm, comfortable, clean room on the 2nd floor. Buffet breakfast with everything you could think of which was constantly freshly replenished. If you didn't want to eat in the terrace restaurant, the shopping centre is around the corner with plenty of food choices and it's great for shopping too. I would definitely stay here again, and staff are ALL pleasant and helpful, service with a smile

• Stayed March 2014
Marriott Bristo... C, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay here at the Bristol Marriott City Centre.

I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you would definitely return to the hotel in future.

If I can be of any assistance with future arrangements, please feel free to contact me directly on my details below. We very much hope to welcome you back to the Bristol Marriott City Centre again soon.

holly.garnett@marriotthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Having stayed in Bristol at least 20 times over the past 5 years our first visit to the Marriott was disapointing. Our first night was fine but there was a student 'do' on the second night and we were kept awake until 4.30am. We rang reception twice to complain and for them to take action. It made no difference to the noise levels and meant we came home more tired than when we had gone away. We complained at check out and were offered a 50% reduction for our sleepness night - Premier Inn (where we have stayed at least 10 times) would have offerred a full refund for that night. We had asked when we checked in whether it was a 'quiet' floor as we need our beauty sleep but the staff were unable to tell us who was expected to stay. Really disappointing as we will visit many more times over the years to come but are unlikely to revisit this hotel. One bad experience can ruin things.

Room Tip: Ask if it'll be quiet but they won't know in advance.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Marriott Bristo... C, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this review, March 27, 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the interupted night's sleep that you experienced during your stay with us.

I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board by our management team and shared with our hosts.

I do hope that, despite this incident, we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance with any future arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here with a group of friends for a hen night in Bristol. The location is brilliant only few minutes in a taxi from temple meads train station as well as the harbour front where there is lots of restaurants and bars. The hotel itself is lovely and clean with very helpful staff and excellent breakfast on offer. One of our group has an allergy to feather pillows which they were made aware of before hand, but was sorted out quicker than it took to go downstairs and get a Starbucks coffee! Unfortunately didn't have time to use the pool or spa.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments following your stay here at the Bristol Marriott City Centre.

I am so pleased to hear that you and your group had an enjoyable time at the hotel and that you experienced high levels of service during your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bristol Marriott City Centre in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Guest & Events Services Manager
wales, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just returned from a 2night stay at marriott bristol city centre. Fab hotel fab location 2mins walk to Cabot Circus shopping centre. Staff very attentive.....especially with the children ...the concierge was great at 'entertaining' my 5yr old ..she loved him...popcorn on tap and a kids welcome pack went down a treat whilst we checked in at reception. Luggage brought to our rooms. Very spacious and comfortable rooms .... 2 double beds with pillows to die for and clean crisp bedding...all added to a good nights sleep. Ate at the hotel restaurant on the 1st night at it was very nice and had full kids menu and kids cutlery ....very family friendly....breakfast was the usual buffet style which was hot & tasty but do agree with earlier comments about the toaster! My husbands parents were celebrating their golden wedding and the domestic staff in our rooms picked up on this...we returned to our rooms on Sat afternoon to a bottle of wine in an ice bucket with a box of chocolates and a card all compliments of the hotel which we thought was a nice touch . Would definitely stay here again. One small downside...bathrooms were a little tired looking but still very clean and plenty of towels!

Room Tip: Go for Higher floor....very busy road at the front of the hotel....right next to NCP....discounted r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cptwales
Marriott Bristo... C, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Bristol Marriott City Centre.

I'm so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced a comfortable stay with high levels of service.

Please congratulate your parents-in-law once again on their Golden Wedding Anniversary from all the staff here at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon, and if I can be of any assistance with future arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The personnel at the Marriott City Center is really helpful. They are taking good care of the guests. Rooms are good. I really like the bedding, bed and linen are really comfy. I have been there 3 times in 2 years and I have never been disappointed. There was an outage on a floor where I was supposed to stay when I arrive after a long trip from Australia which could have been a disaster. Instead, I was offered a drink waiting for the taxi to pick me up and drive me to the Marriott Royal.

I am not a big fan of breakfast buffets but I guess this one is decent compared to other hotel. Eggs any style upon request (their poached eggs are quite good!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far as possible from the lifts as they are quite noisy. They have rooms with view...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

I am so happy to hear that throughout your stays here you have always had a pleasant hotel experience.

If I can be of any assistance with future arrangements, please let me know.

We hope to welcome you back to the Bristol Marriott City Centre in the near future.

Bracknell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed with my daughter Friday and Saturday night.
We had booked an executive room which was large and pleasant.The beds were very comfortable and the bed linen of excellent quality, especially the pillows, we both slept well.
We ate in the Hotel restaurant on the Friday evening, although the menu was fairly limited, the meal was nicely presented and was very tasty.
The only criticism I would make, is regarding breakfast. The buffet was exceptionally good, but the service was unfortunately not.
Although there seemed to be plenty of staff about, they didn't seem to have their eye on the ball, our cereal bowls were still sitting on our table when we returned with our cooked breakfast and I cleared them myself.
Poached eggs were cooked to order, so my daughter asked for one, collected her bacon, sausage ect and was told it would be brought over, but after reminding them again, it finally arrived when she had finished the rest of her breakfast.The main problem however was the toaster.I have experienced these allegedly industrial toasters many times before, but this one was the slowest I have seen and only toasted one side of the bread, but as the queue was so long, I didn't really feel I could out it through again.I really think the catering manager should seriously consider installing a second toaster in this very busy breakfast room, or if not, put a member if staff on toasting duty, whacking some through when there is a lull in the queue.
In spite of this, I would highly recommend this Hotel as it's location is excellent for shopping, with several restaurants and pubs within a few minutes walk, and the river and park just over the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor if you want to ensure a quiet night, as this is a very central city...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Marriott Bristo... C, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments via Trip Advisor following your stay here at the Bristol Marriott City Centre.

Please accept my apologies for the experience you had at breakfast. I can assure you that your comments with regards to the breakfast service and standards have been shared with our Food & Beverage Manager and he is investigating these points with his team.

Here at Marriott, we strive to offer our guests a comfortable stay and I am so happy to hear that overall, this was your experience.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bristol Marriott City Centre in the near future.

Coelbren, Neath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a good hotel with nice rooms. A very comfortable sleep in a pleasantly laid out room. The food at the hotel is also good with an excellent breakfast provided. Centrally located, it is not far from City Centre. The only problem experienced was the bar seemed to have problems with accepting a debit card when the cash till closed late on into the night. Had to go to reception to put £30 credit on my debit card before the barman would provide drinks. What happened to having your room charged? On the plus side, I found the reception staff very good. They managed to book me in despite me being 3 hours early. Well done to you.

Room Tip: All the rooms viewed seemed pretty good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Marriott Bristo... C, Guest Relations Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay here at the Bristol Marriott City Centre.

We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance with future arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me on my details below.