Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$64
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$82
$150
$131
Travelocity
1,806 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecabot circuscity centrecastle parkharvey nicholssmall balconyterrace barbristol marriottair conleisure facilitiesncp car park next doorsteam roomtwo double bedspublic areasenjoyable staysunday morningstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here, both times when attending a function.
The hotel is well placed but can be problematical getting to it by road. There is an NCP car park next door in which you can park before check-in. There is a concessionary daily rate for hotel guests and the card is franked by reception.
The lobby is comparitively small for such a large hotel and reception can be constricted at busy times.
The reception staff are welcoming.
Rooms are quite large but we found the bathroom quite small. The water pressure was abysmal but as we were on the 10th floor, this may have something to do with that. By asking around our friends, this problem only appeared to manifest itself in our room. The bed was enormous and comfortable. The furnishings are getting tired however.
The first night we ate in the restaurant which is a cross between a coffee shop and a brasserie. Okay but not special. Breakfast is served in here although our large party used the overflow Conservatory area. The breakfast is good.
On the second night we were attending a function in The Bristol Suite. The food was well served, hot and on time to 150 guests. The bar provided for us was well stocked and effeciently operated.
The staff are well motivated and cheerful.
The hotel is in need of a refit as the present furnishings are beginning to look tired.

Room Tip: Go for the front of the hotel as there is a busy road at the back, otherwise go high.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Yes, It's a Marriott.. but as they say bricks and mortar aside its the people that make the difference.
The staff here are superb, from the check in chick to the cleaner everyone smiled, said hullo, good morning, how are you ! That sort of service from every one comes from the top.. Kudos to who ever is managing the place... It was the same a year ago so what ever it is they do there it works.

Others should take note.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here because it is very conveniently located. There is quite a large oddly shaped swimming pool and spa facilities, which is ok, if somewhat tired looking. The room was quite comfortable. They charge you for internet usage though which is a bit stingey. There was a wedding going on when we arrived and drunken people spilling out onto the street - very tasteful - not! We had breakfast at Carluccios as the hotel breakfast was £20 per head which was on the steep side.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you're heading to Bristol for shopping then this hotel is perfect-it's next to Cabot Circus shopping centre (the new, huge shopping area in Bristol) and just a few minutes walk from Bristol Temple Meads train station.
The rooms are a good size, the spa has a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room & there is a bar and restaurant (although with this location you would be mad to stay in the hotel with great bars & restaurants just minutes away).
The room did smell slightly musty when we first went in but after opening the windows the smell soon disappeared. The air conditioning unit was rather loud so had to be turned off during the night but the room temperature remained comfortable.
The bed was a good size and the cushions and duvet were nice & comfortable.
The breakfast choice was great-cooked breakfast items-sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatos, beans, hash browns, black pudding etc as well as a choice of cereals, breads, fruits, yoghurts, tea, coffee and fruit juices.
I managed to get a room for £79/night for 2 including breakfast-at that price I would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for the Cabot Circus shops and Harvey Nichols is less than a minute walk away. You’re about a fifteen minute walk from the Harbourside. This is the place to be for some retail therapy and you’re on something of a budget.

I agree with a previous reviewer who likened the dated décor to something from 1983 (!) but as the hotel is so popular and in a (deservedly) popular city, I doubt whether Marriott will be refurbishing anytime soon.

It was really quiet in my room on the ninth floor and I heard nothing from outside, I suppose because I was so high up and that I was also facing the car park and some offices. Not the greatest view I’ve had in a hotel but I appreciated the peace on a Saturday night and Sunday morning.

I did notice some grubby marks and dust on the tables and a strange sticky residue on the bathroom door handle. Poor housekeeping is really off-putting to me, especially when it’s something that could easily not have been overlooked.

I had a leisurely breakfast from 8.20 – 9.20. Got there when it was quiet, thankfully, and I noticed that typically for a hotel, just before 9 the place became very busy and a queue forming to get in and more also at the buffet tables. I also noticed that the plenty of staff were doing a great job of quickly noticing when guests were leaving and clearing down the tables and prepping the them for the next guests. I know how frustrating it is when you’re hungry and waiting to come in to eat so I was impressed the staff were doing all they can to keep on top of the turnover.

Customer service was mixed – friendly in the restaurant and chilly at reception.

Yes, I would stay here again, but only a similar deal to the one I had this time - £76 booked at least three weeks in advance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo