“Nice hotel but do not expect a lay in on Sundays”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff were friendly, rooms were clean and the bed was comfy. Check in was quick and easy and a warm cookie was nice. Church bells rang CONSTANTLY constantly for 1/2 an hour directly outside our room pre 9am. I can't blame the hotel for this but a warning would have been nice. Our lovely room with a view quickly turned sour as we were nursing considerable hangovers at the time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read your positive comments and we have shared these with the team.

I am sorry that you were woken by the church bells earlier than you had planned on Sunday morning.

If you stay with us again please let our Receptionist know that you would like a quieter room (not on the church side of the hotel) to be allocated. These rooms are much quieter and will ensue you are not woken by the bells.

Hope you'll pay us another visit.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have spent a couple on nights in Bristol lately staying at the recently renovated DoubleTree Hotel. The fabric of the hotel is much improved with the addition of an excellent fitness centre, of which I made good use. My room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The staff were attentive and friendly and the breakfast, as always, was of a high standard. I will definitely try to stay at this hotel in the future if I need to stay in the centre of Bristol again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest.

Thank you very much indeed for your recent review.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and you made full use of our new fitness centre. Please do come and stay with us again soon

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for the rugby world cup, couldnt get any hotels anywhere near cardiff so ended up in Bristol. Was an excellent choice is all I can say! Perfectly located as walking distance to templemeads train station.
Check in was swift and very friendly and helpful staff. Warm cookie on arrival which was a nice touch. Choice given of having a room with a bath or shower we opted for the shower and it was a big walk in shower. The rooms are lovely and comfortable and very stylish. Lovely bathroom and comfortable bed with a big screen tv.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel, but there was plenty of choice, continental, fresh fruits, yoghurts, cereals and a plentyful supply of cooked breakfast all buffet style so you can get as much or as little as you wish.
All staff very attentive friendly and polite.
Only one thing I dont agree with, as with alot of city centre hotels not just this one, is having to pay for parking. I personnally feel that if you are a guest of the hotel you shouldnt have to pay to park, parking is £7.50 per day.
Otherwise, excellent stay and would stay here again if we are in the area again.
Review your parking policy......dont charge your guests... ;)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest.

I am glad we were an 'excellent choice' for you when you stay here for the rugby world cup in Cardiff. Delighted to read all your positive comments about your stay with us and that our staff were friendly and polite.

I am sorry you felt the parking charge was high, we regulary monitor our costs ensuring we stay one of the most cheapest hotels in Bristol for overnight parking.

Thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon with another warm cookie.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Within walking distance from Temple Meads Station, greeted by excellent staff on the front desk and the warm cookie offered on check in was a real treat. Room was very luxurious and clean. Breakfast was excellent great selection of food. Hotel is within easy reach of the city centre, this is a great location for any business or leisure guest.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest.

Glad you found the location of our hotel to be beneficial to yourself when arriving from Temple Meads Train Station and is within easy reach of the City Centre.

A warm chocolate chip cookie is a treat which all guests received when checking into the hotel, I am pleased you enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had a one night stay at the Bristol Doubletree and was very pleasantly surprised. I visit Bristol fairly frequently normally staying at the Hilton Garden Hotel or Future Inn but couldn't get in to the Hilton and so booked the Doubletree instead.

Check-in was slick and I was given a nice warm cookie, which was a nice pleasant surprise. The rooms are a good size and looked to be newly refurbished; my room had a beautiful bathroom, a decent sized TV and a very comfortable bed.

I had a late breakfast and was pleased to see that hot buffet items were replenished with new even though there was less than 10 people in the restaurant. I chose from the menu having Eggs Benedict, which were nice although not perfect (one half of my muffin wasn't completely defrosted) but it was service with a smile and nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel may not be the prettiest from the outside but was beautiful inside with rooms to match and service with a smile. I managed to get a corporate rate of £75.00 for B&B, which I think represented excellent value for money. I will certainly stay there again and can recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nick_Medlock

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your great review, it pleased me to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and you felt it was excellent value for money.

We continually replenish the hot breakfast buffet items throughout our breakfast opening times ensuring all our guests are always served with hot and freshly cooked items. I was sorry to read that you were not 100% satisfied with your Eggs Benedict, your feedback will be forwarded to our kitchen team. Great that you would recommend us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

the hotel was easy to find,very clean,bed was extremely comfortable, and breakfast was very good. it was a bit further from the shops than i had hoped but was a pleasant walk. i would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest.

Great to read you felt the hotel was clean and your bed was extremely comfortable - everything you need for a good nights sleep, in preparation for a shopping trip in Bristol!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Booked a two night break here in a King sized room with breakfast for £170! Was an absolute bargain. The parking was £7.50 per night and was directly outside the hotel. On arrival we were given complimentary cookies and our room was stunning. Extremely clean and very modern and spacious. The breakfast was lovely, buffet to die for I couldn't eat enough. Location was great too, just a 10 min walk to Bristol city centre. I would stay here again hands down as it was unbeatable value for the money.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review regarding your stay with us, I was delighted you enjoyed the experience, the complimentary cookie and that you felt it was 'unbeatable value for money'.

Following our recent refurbishment of the food and beverage areas it is heartening for the staff to recognise that their efforts are appreciated. The ambience, the staff and the food quality complement each other which ensures our guests receive a fantastic breakfast experience for the day ahead. We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel again soon.