DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable price and some nice touches. The staff really make an effort. Will stay again.

Only slight negative is poor coffee at breakfast. Everything else (breakfast and otherwise) makes it great value for money.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Elaine G, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest

I was very pleased to read that you felt you had great value for money. This is really important to us.

I will ask the team to keep an eye on the coffeee at breakfast. We haven't changed suppliers, so I wonder if we just didn't put enough coffee in your cafetiere.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault this hotel in any way. Check in girls are very help full and polite.
Breakfast. We had the buffet. It was great all you could eat.
Parking £6 would most certainly recommend this hotel. Hotel is situated perfect for the centre of town it's just a short walk to all the attractions.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

WOW. What else can we say other than "thank you".
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice hotel good location for walking into town. I did get a bit lost finding my way there with the sat nav as it took me around the back of the hotel and I missed the entrance to the car park,so maybe a bit better signage at the rear car park!

The check in staff were really friendly and helpful, I was the first to arrive of a party of 8 and I hadn't made the booking but they soon found our reservation and I was in my room in no time - complimentary cookie in hand!

Unfortunately the rest of the group who arrived in the early hours of the morning didn't have such a positive exeperience as there was a mix up and instead of twin rooms they had been allocated double rooms so it took a while to sort out, a bit of a shame as they had flown in from Spain and were tired from their trip so the delay wasn't good.

Some of the group came on the airport bus and it was a very easy and quick trip and the bus stops right across the road form the Hotel so that's worth noting if you arriving via the airport.

The hotel is big and spacious and appears to have been recently refurbished. My room was really neat and tidy and the air con worked a treat. The bed was really comfortable too. The main bar area is huge and bit impersonal which is a shame.

Breakfast was excellent - lots of choice from cereals, pastries and cooked food and the staff were nice and friendly.

The walk into town from there is very easy and a pleasant walk, there's a lovely chirch right on the corner by the hotel so an easy landmark to spot.

The tennis had been screened on big TV's in the main square and everyone had been out eating and drinking and there was a nice chilled out atmosphere about the place very non threatening and fun. I wish I had been able to stay longer in Bristol as the Gromit Unleashed Trail had just started and the statues of Gromit were all over Bristol it would have been fun to go on the trail - but I did manage to get a few photos!

Room Tip: I was up on the 5th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I agree with your comments concerning signage at rear of car park and we will certainly look to see if we can improve this.

I am sorry that there was a mix up with your rooms at check in, although you found the staff friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your very kind comments about our excellent breakfast.

For all you Gromit Unleashed fans, we have our very own Gromit called Blazing Saddles and it is great you have put a picture of him on to the website. The appeal is raising much needed funds for Bristol Children's Hospital.
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel for a week while searching for a 5 months rental in Bristol. The updated room is compact in size but very efficiently and tastefully designed. The location is very convenient , next to the lovely St. Mary Redcliffe church and within short walking distance of the bustle of the Bristol center. The food at the restaurant (a former glass kiln) was tasty and the menu varied enough that we ate there for several consecutive nights. Only complaint is that wireless internet was slow at times. But overall, a fabulous stay at great price (124 GBP for room, breakfast and dinner) makes this a 5 star experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you felt you had a 5 star experience.

I have passed your comments on to the chef and I was pleased to read that you found the menu varied enough to eat for several consecutive nights.

I am sorry that you had some issues with speed of internet access. This is something that we normally score highly on. Having said that we are about to have a further upgrade to increase the speed.
Callington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Arrived an hour before check in, was no issue at all & got free cookie. Very hot weekend, air con fab. Very comfortable bed. Room & bathroom clean & everything we needed. Staff friendly & helpful. Would certainly stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your 5 star review.

A very comfortable bed and good air conditioning certainly does help during this hot spell of ours. All our rooms have new beds and air conditioning.

Hope to see you at the hotel again.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Room was good, bathroom far too small. Receptionist staff good, John at the bar good, couple of others try smiling, if you don't want to be customer facing get another job. Waited too long for my burger, which was okish. Outside seating area pleasant except for the seagulls, please invest in bird spikes, this is basic building management. Breakfast average. All in all ok but nothing I wouldn't have got from the Premier Inn.

Dear Guest

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay more with us.

Thank you for mentioning John behind the bar as someone who stood out. We have an incentive in place for those staff that get mentioned on review sites, so he will be very pleased.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have travelled extensively across the world, both for business and pleasure, and it's rare that you have a stay at one of the bigger hotel chains that actually makes you smile, and makes a difference to your day.

After a long day of travelling and meetings, the staff at the reception instantly made me feel at home with a good laugh and a tasty cookie (shame I couldnt take more than one!!). The room was spotless and a good size too.

I usually try to steer clear of hotel restaurants, and look for something a little different, and yet again I was pleasently surprised. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome, and even though it was busy, the Manager took the time to chat with me about my day and my taste in wines... I even learnt something too! The dinner was pretty tasty, and I had a good nights sleep on a full stomache.

I'd definately recommend this to other travellers, both business or leisure. I'll be sure to return the next time I'm in Bristol. Thank you!

1 Thank PresidenteFAC
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your 5 star review.

I am really pleased that we put a smile on your face. We know that the majority of people staying during the week on business, would probably prefer to be at home - so we do try to make that extra effort.

Next time you are staying with us, please ask for that extra cookie as I am sure we will be able to oblige with your request.