Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$110
$62
  • Restaurant
Novotel Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$112
$93
$112
$93
  • Breakfast included
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$82
$128
$97
  • Bar/Lounge
$106
$81
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Bristol South Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$73
PremierInn.com
$52
Travelodge
2,332 results
All reviewscollege greendrawing roomjunior suiteleisure clubsauna and steam roomcar parkleisure facilitieslovely hotelper daypublic areascity centrereception staffbreakfast was excellentthird floorsaturday nightfamily roombars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2006

Hotel was excellent, was a little dubious about reports of check in/out and staff. But I found they were polite and efficient. A fantastic 2 night stay! Location handy for shops/bars & restaurant. Room was clean and nicely decorated and breakfast was superb!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pookie77
Reviewed November 5, 2006

I stayed at the Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel in October 2006 and it is a lovely hotel. The hotel has a grand feel about it especially as you enter the lobby. The staff were courteous and polite. We did not eat in the restaurant in the evening but the breakfast next day was very good. In some hotels the cooked breakfast can go a bit rubbery if it has been sitting on the hot plates but not here. The bedrooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable and soft. They could prove a bit too soft for some people.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 26, 2006

I had read some reviews of this hotel which said that the staff were unfriendly. However, decided to go for it anyway. I have to say that the staff in every department were great. Everybody had a smile and hello. From the time we arrived in the pouring rain and our luggage was unloaded and the car taken away and parked for us, until the time we left with a couple of queries on the bill which were quickly sorted out, I have nothing but praise for this hotel. The rooms are good, clean and comfortable, the bar service is friendly and professional , reception the same and the breakfasts are great. We didn't try the restaurant. I will definitely use this Marriott again when next I am in Bristol.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed October 18, 2006

When we arrived in Bristol, we found we had accidentally booked into the wrong Marriott - the City Centre one. We particularly wanted the Royal because it has a dedicated underground garage, whereas the City Centre hotel uses the adjacent NCP. As it was our fault, and the hotel was full, we thought we were in for a disappointment, but the Manager found us a room, cancelled the wrong booking, rebooked us in the Royal - all with a smile!

The room was pleasant and comfortable with a view of the Waterside, and had all the facilities you would expect, Wi-fi, some Sky stations on the TV, fridge - but one of those 'you pay if you move a can' type (small niggle), tea tray with biscuits. In the bathroom, the overbath shower was good, and there were bathrobes and slippers....and nice toiletries.

We did not eat in the hotel, but service in the bar was good, and all public areas were clean and tidy with no signs of wear, even in the corridors leading to the garage. The only signs of wear were in the lift, on the control panel.

Just one thing - there was some noise at night on Friday and Saturday when the pubs and clubs closed, so try to get a room on the quiet side, if possible.

We would definitely come back again to this hotel.

Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank Brenda F
Reviewed September 27, 2006

First and foremost I found nothing wrong with the hotel on a purely materialistic level. My room was fine,the TV worked,it was quiet and clean and the public areas of the hotel were equally impressive. Also the hotels location is fantastic. Although the breakfast by Marriott standards was not the best it was perfectly edible and satisfying....but unfortunately that’s where the good news ends and the bad news starts and runs on....In my opinion the incompetent and unfriendly service I received from both the staff and management at this hotel was by far and away the worst I have encountered on my travels around the vast circumference of our globe. My experience in dealing with these people was not a good one but rather than use my own words that might be perceived to be biased I think future prospective guests should take time to read the less than glowing reviews from previous "less than happy" tripadvisor members . I would have liked to cut and paste all of their comments in order to make your decision making easier but I think doing this might breach tripadvisor rules..

As you will see there are many comments in previous posts about perceived poor quality of staff and mangement at this hotel and I for one fully concur with all of them.

I have to say that the thing I enjoyed most about this hotel was the checking out and not caring to look back. A hotel can be as nice as it gets… but it’s the people that matter, the customers are playing their part but the staff for the most part are not joining in, and without them a hotel is nothing...and that is exactly what you get at the inpersonable Bristol Royal Marriott ...something about nothing!

However…… one reviewer did refer to a “ mixed bag” in that there were exceptions to the rule with regard to some of the staff and I agree with this ..of particular note was the young lady (head of front desk) who checked me out who was indeed a rare asset to Marriott at this particular hotel.

In short this is a great hotel which most people should be happy with but sadly IMHO it is let down by a very poor management team who would not appear to have a proper staff procurement and training scheme in place despite having being part of this establishment for more than two years as confirmed by the hotel reception.

I would like to think differently but while the current management team stays in place I can foresee no more improvement in the next two years with regard to general service than we have seen in he last.

Time for a Marriott rethink methinks!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank 747