All reviews leisure facilities sauna and steam room central location walk in shower self service stayed for one night car parking cabot circus hippodrome
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yet again another successful conference at a great venue. Nothing is to much trouble. Gemma assisted use with our stand celebrations ensuring we had everything we need to cut our celebration cake!
Great job Gemma you are a credit to the hotel.
Looking forward to next year already

Trip type: Traveled on business
Craig F, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Helptobuysw,

Thank you so much for you positive review! It is always great to have exhibitors highlight all of the positives of our amazing function space.

Gemma will be so grateful for all of the praise you have provided, I will be sure to pass on your gratitude too.

Until next year!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was in Bristol for a convention - hosted at this hotel. Staff were really great on what was a very busy weekend.
I was able to check in early and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Room quite basic but everything needed in there. Well located for the centre of town and a cracking pancake place 2 doors down.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dreamer796790, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Camper29005442215,

Thank you for your kind words and your overall sentiment of your review.

It was a pleasure to host CrimeFest for the very first time. I know our team tried exceptionally hard to ensure the event was a huge success.

We look forward to hopefully hosting again in 2020!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2019

Things that were good - The food, the ambience, the location and the size of the rooms
Things that were not so good included - The booking process, the amount of stairs, the false fire alarm and 'soupgate'
The booking process was bizarre. I rang the hotel to book directly, after canvassing various online booking sites (I'm aware that they pay these site to fill rooms and sometimes you can get it cheaper booking direct). This time it was the other way around though! I found it much cheaper on TripAdvisor than the Hotel was saying and they just refused to admit it could possibly be cheaper elsewhere! The Hotel kept saying the price would change if I continued the purchase, so I did (with them on the phone) and ended up buying the night £50 cheaper! Not a great start to my stay but all worked out in the end.
The food (when it arrived) was lovely but we had a lot of guests that didn't receive their 'soup' - They were offered a voucher for an alcoholic drink instead as way of an apology - not so great for the kids though. The fire alarm went off (maybe it was the soup burning?) and we had to evacuate the building only to be told halfway through that is was a false alarm (100s of people doing a U-Turn was interesting!). The breakfast was pretty decent in the morning and the coffee was strong so no complaints there.
I was lucky enough to be able to park outside the hotel with my blue badge but there aren't many spaces and relying on there being space could be a mistake.

Date of stay: March 2019

Dear IzzyKearl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and providing us such valuable feedback on your event.

I have raised our rate parity issue with Accor to ensure we do not have this discrepancy in the future. We should always be able to offer the very best rate to our guests.

I have disucssed the menu issues with our Operational Teams and the event organisors from the event you attend to rectify the situation. Please rest assured that this should not happen again.

Evacuations on events can inevitably happen from time to time, especially if a guest accidentley sets off the fire alarm. I apologise if this was not managed correctly, I am sure our team wanted to disturb your event as little as possible whilst ensuring the safety of our guests and employees. I am thankful that on this occasion it was a false alarm and no one was at risk at the time.

I thank you once again for providing the feedback and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Hotel was ok nothing out of the ordinary but outside was lovely. Rooms unremarkable but not bad considering it’s 4 star. Not impressed by their breakfast not 4star rating in my opinion we’ve had better. Receptionist was lovely and very helpful. Otherwise we wouldn’t rush back but it was situated in the centre so that was very convenient.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear 193jof,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel; I am thankful for your comments.

I am currently reviewing our breakfast as being new to the hotel myself I can see your point and reassure you that our breakfast is something that is extremely important to me.

Thank you so much for providing your valuable feedback.

Reviewed May 13, 2019

We stayed in this hotel for one night and we were a little bit disappointment about this hotel.
We expected a "Grand" hotel but it is an "Average" hotel. Nothing really to complain but nothing really to recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear th_idk,

Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed that you say the hotel is average, as the newly appointed General Manager this is something I will be looking to change rather quickly.

Our hotel should represent our name and I know we have the ability to be the best hotel in Bristol.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope you see some improvements on your next visit.