Malago Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscontinental breakfastb bcar parkcold meatsfree wificity centreashton gatebus servicegave us a mapbusy roadtea and coffeebooked a twin roomfriendly receptionistan overnight stayan ironthe ground floora great nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay worth every penny. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. My only complaint would be the sign outside says fully licensed bar but in fact there was no bar &they didn't sell alcohol.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank pmarkp
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My sister and I stayed just one night at the Malago ,Chosen because of its proximity to The Tobacco Factory, as we were in Bristol to see a play.
We found everything to be A1,The car park did not get full (on a Fri) .The staff were friendly and courteous.
We had booked a twin room,and were given a spacious room on the ground floor,which was suitable for the disabled.The room and and bathroom were spotless,and the beds very comfortable.We were not troubled by noise,even though we were on the ground floor in the front of the building.
Breakfast was continental, in a nice light room,the selection to choose from was extremely good.
There is a cash machine in reception ,also maps and information.
I would guess it would take 20 mins to walk to waterside,but there is a bus stop opposite with frequent service.
I would definitely use the Malago again,It was even cheaper than yha for a twin room ,with breakfast as well!!!

Room Tip: Cannot speak about other rooms,but as there is no lift maybe the lower floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lonnie41Oxford
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for a night for a hen night we had 2 twin rooms n 1 single rooms despite some of the negative reviews we found this b&b very nice & very clean the we were very impressed with the breakfast their was loads to choose from we will defiantly stay there again prices are very good

Room Tip: Value for money
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandi N
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

To start off I would say that you cant find a better location, a better sized and CLEAN room in this price, barring you plan and book atleast 2 months in advance.

I had a wonderful stay here with my family (my infant daughter included).

The management was very kind to let us use the kitchen for cleaning the baby's feeders and also use the milk for the baby round the clock.

The rooms are very spacy considering the average size of rooms in the UK, are cozy, the bathroom is large with all the ameneties and good pressure of shower.

I had asked the management to give me a quiter room so they gave me the top floor room at the back which had no disturbance whatsoever as some people have written about the traffic.

The breakfast had options and you could enjoy a quiet breakfast in their breakfast room.

Although if there was a lift in here, it would have been fabulous but all in all, it was a wonderful stay. And yeah, the parking space is a bit small but saying that its impossible to park is absolutely wrong. You should back your parking skills;)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AtaulMunim
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our room in the Malago was very clean and the continental breakfast was great. The staff were helpful and courteous, and there was ample (free) parking. I had asked for a quiet room in advance, and got one on the top floor at the back which was ideal.

The Malago is some distance from the centre of Bristol but there are bus (and train) services nearby. I can't comment on the neighbourhood since we didn't walk through it (having arrived by car), but it seems safe and people were helpful.

Room Tip: Ask politely in advance for special requests, eg., quiet room, ground floor room etc.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple