“Good hotel in Lively location”
Review of The Bristol

The Bristol
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersGold level
“Good hotel in Lively location”
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Nice hotel, good food. Slightly expensive but I guess that's the central location for you.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I cannot praise this hotel enough. My partner and I decided to have a weekend away and chose to stay in the Bristol hotel because of the location and price. We chose to go for the winter warmer pacakge (which came with a delux room, and champagne and marshmellows) I think by that point i was won over by this hotel! Check in was very quick and we were even given complimentary hotel towels to refresh ourselves with! We didnt have dinner at the hotel either night that we stayed so couldnt really comment on that, but the breakfast was lovely with a wide range to choose from, including fruit, pastires and fried breakfasts. It was nice to sit and just look at the boats on the river during breakfast and the hotel even has a piano player there to play relaxing music.

As for the comments people have previously made about the noise outside because of the clubs across the river, we did not have a problem. even though our room was situated at the front of the hotel there was a club about 50 yards away and we couldnt hear a thing. On the plus side windows can be shut throughout your stay because of the air con in all rooms.

We did order room service and again had no problem with staff or timing of the arrival of our food, it was hassel free and was added to your bill at the end of your stay. Parking is free on the weekend which is a bonus because it can be pretty expensive in the NCP!

I would recommend this hotel without a second thought for service, location and value for money. I have to be honest and say before I booked my weekend stay i looked at trip advisor and saw some of the negative reviews and was nearly put off by booking, but I am so glad I didnt because this hotel is fantastic.

1 Thank princess027
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2010

A fine hotel ruined by the so tiny bathroom. The superior room, with most things you could want (though the coffee machine was inept), was fine with plenty of room to spread out. However the size of the bathroom is realy quite silly; my partner has epilepsy and I consider this bathroom a danger for anyone like to have a seizure.
And thank goodness neither of us are obese or we wouldn't have been able to sit on the toilet!
Please, this is a nice hotel but you have to replace these bathrooms.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
South Wales
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Stayed for one night with my husband for a short break and was very pleased with the hotel. The location is brilliant for walking around Bristol for shopping or sightseeing, and the chance to park for free is brilliant as the hotel is right next door! There was a wedding held while we were there, but it did not interfere with our enjoyment at all.
The room we had (432) was lovely, although no view as such and a very small bathroom, but a huge room with a huge bed, sound system, flat screen Tv and real coffee machine.
We had a meal in the restauraunt which was very nice, but people need to be aware that if they book the shopping package (£158 for D, B&B) is not for the al a carte and the table de hote menu is quite limited, although you can pay £19.95 to use the al a carte. The breakfast was lovely with a good selection.
would stay at the hotel again without a doubt, but would book b&b next time as there are lots of eateries within a couple of minutes walk away.

Ironbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2010

This is one of the loveliest hotels I have stayed in. The style is simple, elegant and has a luxurious feel, and we were lucky enough to be given an upgraded room overlooking the quayside, even though we had secured a great rate by booking in advance.

Aside from the rooms, the element that made this hotel different was the service. Each member of staff I encountered was pleasant helpful, and above all seemed genuine. Any requests were met with a real desire to help. I actually felt like a welcome guest.

Location is perfect for whatever you like to do, night or day .

Only minor disappointment was the food in the restaurant. Again the service was lovely, and it is a pleasant place, but the food did live up to its surroundings, which was a shame. As I say, this was a minor element of what was a genuinely enjoyable break.

1 Thank kathrynanna
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Stayed at The Bristol for work. The hotel itself is nicely done with decent-sized rooms. And the location is near to the city centre, nice bars, restaurants, etc.. However, I felt let down by the service. Given the prices, the service should have been brilliant but when I rang to book I was assured that the hotel was right next door to where my meeting was taking place. It wasn't - it was a 25 minute walk away - which was frustrating. Staff were couteous but not overly helpful and I waited over an hour for a very simple room service order which never arrived because staff were 'too busy' to deliver it to my room. And trays littered the corridor and weren't cleaned away till the following morning which meant trying to maneouver suitacases around was tricky. Not a great experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Bristol5, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Dear Shortyshortcake,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us.

Obviously I was very dissappointed to read of your experience and in particular having been told of our location close to your office, the additional 25 minute walk was the last thing you wanted to do and for that my sincerest apologies. It should not have happened.

At The Bristol Hotel, we pride ourselves on our standard of service and the friendly, courteous manner displayed by all the team. Your experience of room service was clearly not up to the mark and as for the littering of trays on the corridors; completely unacceptable.

Feedback such as this is crucial, to ensure we maintain our standards and where issues arise, we can review and correct.

I do hope you will return to The Bristol Hotel in the near future and if so, please contact myself directly to ensure a pleasant stay.

Kind regards,

Mark Roche-Garland
wales
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Wow what a really nice place. It's. Quite a busy hotel, staff were very helpful and the place was spotless. We were on the top floor over looking the water and bars and clubs the noise people are moaning about is pathetic it was fine. The room was warm and the air con was fine and the windows open so people on here that are moaning about the place need to get a life. The bed was lovley and the room service was fab and yummy. So I would say a big yes to this hotel I loved it and will be using it again

• Stayed October 2010