“Excellent location with very convenient parking next door”
Review of The Bristol

The Bristol
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nice atmosphere upon entering the hotel, with friendly staff and relaxed pace. Room was wonderfully scented and filled with natural light, spacious and with a very comfortable bed. However, the bathroom was uncomfortably small, not at all functional. Moreover, there was not enough space to place our clothes, so, to a great extent, we had to live out of the suitcase. I was also disappointed by the fact that we had to phone the receptionist to have our toiletries replaced after having used them up on our first night. The wifi was easy to use but not as fast as I would like. Finally please note that the room did not have a fridge.
Having said all the above I must point out that the location of the hotel is superb and I find the complimentary parking lot with direct access to the room levels , a great advantage. Overall I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with larger bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, despite the fact that we did not manage to fully meet your expectations on this occasion - I am grateful for your feedback, which is so valuable to us as we strive to continually improve and enhance our service and facilities.

I am delighted you availed of the complimentary car parking which is adjacent to the hotel and I am hoping that the friendliness and warmth you experienced would have at least made you feel welcome and at home - I am pleased that you commented positively on this aspect of your stay.

Should you decide to return we do have 3 fantastic room categories to choose from ranging from superior, deluxe and suite, we will be more than happy to assist you in finding a room more suitable to your needs.

Gareth Byrne
Director of Operations

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Bristol hotel for our wedding night. We arranged for friends and family from all over the UK and Europe to stay there too.

Unfortunately for us there was a bomb scare which meant that nobody could leave for our wedding, some people were stuck in their rooms whilst others had been moved into a safe area at the back of the hotel.

The staff were amazing though and helped members of my family get ready, co-ordinated with the police and my best man to ensure that we did get married if a bit delayed.

My wife and I stayed in one of the suites facing the harbourside and it was the perfect start to our married life...

The breakfast was better than most hotels I have stayed in and all in all this is great value for its location, food and standard of the rooms.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the Watershed
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol_GM1, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Thedavepage,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted we could be of assistance to you both on your wedding day.

I will point out that the bomb scare was an external one and nothing to do with the hotel and it was August of last year if I recall!!

We hope to see you back for an aniiversary stay,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had a wonderful welcome yesterday by the reception supervisor - couldn't have been friendlier. Room was good, bed was great but the bathroom was very small, in fact it was difficult to get back out of the bath due to the washbasin unit being right next to bath. The coffee machine was a lovely addition to the room but, as there were no instructions, it was a bit of a Krypton factor exercise to work it out! All in all though a very nice hotel which we shall use again.

1  Thank Andy T

Dear AndyT

Thank you for the great review and recommendation.

My apologies that there were no instructions in the room to use the Nespresso machine, typically we leave them in the box storing the coffee capsules and also a copy of the instructions in our Guest directory stored in the adjacent drawer.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back at the hotel again soon,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Conveniently located with a nice lounge bar area, breakfast buffet was great. A free car parking facility next door, great room, bath and bed. It was a good choice to stay at the Bristol. Will be back on our next visit. Totally recommended.

Dear Chandilier42,

Thank you for the five star review.

We are delighted you had a great stay and enjoyed our beds, breakfast buffet and complimentary car parking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel in the near future,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed on 22nd March 2014 in room 607. I chose this hotel as it was a special occasion and I wanted something a bit more special than the usual Premier Inn/Travelodge which is what I would usually book for a night away as they are within my budget. However when booking, the rate i got was cheaper than the premier inn and travelodge in the local area. The hotel is in a great location, right on the harbour where the night life is. However I could not hear any noise from our hotel room from the many bars that went on till early hours of the morning. There is also alot of culture, shops and market stalls close to the hotel and within a few minutes walk to the hipperdrome. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely smiley, polite row of receptionists. We were booked in within minutes by a very attentive and chatty gentleman, who asked lots of questions about our stay and seemed to show an interest in why we were there. We received a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room which was beautiful. It had lots of extra finishing touches including an expresso coffee machine, bath robes and slippers, We had a lovely card left on the bed from the staff congratulating us on our anniversary and even some complimentary cocktail vouchers for use in the bar. The room was clean and well equipped. The bathroom was modern and had a powerful shower and a bath. I have to say that both me and my husband commented on the bed and how comfortable it was. I suffer with my back and always struggle with hotel beds but this was the best hotel bed iv ever slept in. Breakfast was amazing. Coffee served at your table rather that the usual cofffee machine im used to. Proper butter served on slate plates rather than butter packets. Fresh pancakes coming out regularly, home made smoothies as well as fresh juices, 3 choice of sausage (pork, tomato and pork/leek) all of a high quality, scrambled and fried eggs, fresh salmon, cheeses and meats. the list goes on. All topped off with very attentive staff, an amazing view over the harbour and a man playing the piano. Amazing atmosphere. We used the bar on a couple of occasions and the two members of staff on there were great. Very polite and checking regularly that we were ok. I think the lad was new as he was being shown how to make my cocktail but he will do well as he was very friendly and came over to our table and asked if i liked his cocktail and his hot chocolate. Both of which were wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble for this hotel and all its staff. Whatever we asked for we got with a smile. Cant wait to return which we are planning on doing soon. Thankyou so much to everyone at The Bristol Hotel

Room Tip: Many rooms have a harbour view. We had room 607 which was a lovely room but did not have a view of t...

Dear bertybertty,

Thank you for the wonderfull, comprehenive review of the hotel, we also loved the photgraphs.

We appreciate your detailed feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed so much of what we offer our guests.

When returning, remember to keep an eye on our direct website as we have some fantastic packages and promotions running.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel in the near future,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My mother and I booked a room for two thorough Hotels.com, and we didn't know we had book a room with a double bed instead of two single beds until we got there. However, when we asked the staff there if we could have two single beds, they were quick to agree and gave an amazing room with two double beds for the same price. We were very impressed :)

The room was also very neat and spacious, and the beds were comfy. The only thing we found slightly confusing was getting to the hotel. As foreigners, we aren't familiar with the public transport system in Bristol and we were not sure of how to get there from the Bristol Temple Meads station. We could not find directions on the website and Google Maps suggested a 15 minute walk, which was difficult, considering the size of our luggages. We managed to find directions though (we took either bus 8 or 9 from the station to the City Centre! I hope that helps anyone else who might be as lost as we were) and we are very satisfied with our stay overall. :)

• Stayed: March 2014
Bristol_GM1, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Demetere,

Thank you for the great review.

I am delighted we were able to accommodate your request for a twin room and exceed your expectations.

Bristol can be difficult to navigate as it largely follows a one way system around the city. If coming from temple meads and walking I would suggest following signs for the Harbourside, one should be able to get to us in approximately seven minutes (without heavy luggage). With luggage I would suggest a taxi which costs under £5, so if there are two people it will be close to what a bus fare would cost but more direct and less stops.

If booking again be sure to check out our direct website where we guarantee best available rates,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I booked in here for one night because we were attending the Hi-Fi show the next day. The room was a good size and very clean. The staff were friendly. We were given free parking in the car park next to the hotel and it lasted all day the next day too.
The hotel is centrally located and excellent for walks along the river. The bar is relaxing and we ate in the hotel restaurant. The food was very good and the prices were also acceptable. Only down side was that the room was hot during the night and a little noisy having opened the window.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Beijingflubygirl,

We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us.

If returning, remember, to check our direct website for best available rates and packages,