The Bristol
$70
$110
$107
3,973 results
All reviewsfree parkingdeluxe roomcar parkoverlooking the harbouradjacent ncpnespresso machinelovely hotelbars and restaurantsexcellent locationss great britainan upgradecity centresaturday nightlovely roomcomfy bedbuffet stylea lovely stay
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just spent 3 days here and had a lovely stay. Staff on reception and in the lounge bar very friendly, helpful and cheery. Always checking if all ok. A few mins walk toHippodrome, 10 mins to SS GB and in other direction to Shops. Train station 15 mins so all in all very well located. Also next to canal with pleasing views. Great free parking at NCP next door with direct links to hotel from all floors - a real bonus. Loved the free homemade juices or lemonade in the reception area.

Room Tip: Stayed in high floor with views of canal and beyond.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol_GM1, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear 248Will,

Thank you for the review and five stars,

We are glad you enjoyed your there days with us, and also that you enjoyed our homemade lemonade in the evenings in our foyer (you'd be amazed how easy it is to make).

it is also pleasing to see you availed of our free car parking, I believe we are the only city centre property yo offer this, a great value add.

We hope to see you again when back in Bristol,

The Bristol hotel

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't be in a better location especially when the weather's nice. It's right by the Apple and you can easily get anywhere in the centre on foot. The rooms were cosy and very clean. Beds were a tad on the small size but it wasn't a big deal. The staff were friendly enough but they re not very present which is fine. We didn't need advice on where to go so they might be better if you are a proper tourist. Nice little bar inside as well.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Nicnix,

Thank you for the review and five stars, we appreciate it!

I am glad you enjoyed our location, the Apple is certainly close by and a great cider bar!

There is no shortage of variety in Bristol when it comes to going for a drink and one does not have to venture too far from the harbour to experience the best of what is on offer,

we hope to see you again in the near future,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here just one night after going to a show at the Hippodrome. We were looking for a hotel which had parking and was close to the theatre. We weren't disappointed. The check in was efficient and friendly and our room, though not the biggest, was more than adequate for our requirements. Breakfast in the morning was great, lots of choice. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a river facing room and although you could hear the noise from the bars on the opposite side, it wasn't enough to disrupt our sleep even with the window open. Light sleepers may have a problem though.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Liz C,

It is great to see you had a good stay with us and will return!!

I agree that our central location is a big plus for the hotel and hope you made full use of it to see everything Bristol has on offer,

If booking again, remember, our best available rates are always found on our direct website,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a conference. The 2 colleagues had much quieter rooms, one faced a central courtyard and the other had double glazing. An external room with no double glazing meant it was like sleeping with the window open. Loud in an evening with people walking past, very loud in a morning from 5.30 with bin lorries.
Breakfast was very good but evening bar service was very slow. It took 25 minutes for an empty bar with 2 staff members to serve 2 coffees.
Poor signposting to get from the car park into the hotel.
Room was clean but very small fine for one but not couples.

Room Tip: 212 is internal, 209 has double glazing don't have 121 on the side street no double glazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ehj74,

Thank you for your review of the Bristol hotel,

I am sorry that the street noise affected your stay, usually the front of the building is not an issue where noise is concerned which is why the rooms although are double glazed, are not triple glazed like the rear of the building.

I have also passed on your comments regarding your wait for coffee to our bar team to ensure we get better consistency on timings.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I usually stay elsewhere in Bristol for leisure but as I was on business I was booked here. Assured by the reviews that it was going to be a good hotel I wasn't disappointed. It's a great location and very quiet despite being on top of the harbourside nightlife.

I was in a standard room. It was quite small, but as I was on my own I didn't mind so much. However if I was with my husband I would have found it a little cramped. It was clean and very comfortable and the waterfall shower was fab!

The staff were very helpful and the breakfast buffet was very good, however I have to agree with a previous comment about the dining area. There seemed to be a lot of people packed into quite a small space and you had to weave in and out of people quite close to their tables to get back to the stairway.

All in all though it was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in on business and I'll definitely book here again if I'm back in Bristol.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bristol_GM1, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear miimi34

I am delighted that you had a most enjoyable business stay with us and indeed my sincerest thanks for you taking the time to leave us a review.

Feedback such as yours is a great boost to everyone as we make ever greater strides to look after our guests. Memorable luxury experiences are what the team continue to strive for and I am thrilled that in this instance they looked after you the way they did.