The Bristol
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$64
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$82
$150
$131
Travelocity
3,936 results
All reviewsfree parkingdeluxe roomcar parkoverlooking the harbouradjacent ncpnespresso machinelovely hotelbars and restaurantsexcellent locationss great britainan upgradecity centresaturday nightlovely roomcomfy bedbuffet stylea lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay at the Bristol. Plus points are definately the parking next door and the location to all the harbour side areas. The breakfast was good hotter than some hotel buffet breakfasts we have had with a lovely view over the water. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel. We booked two rooms online with booking.com for us and our friends and whilst our room was fine they must have had the tiniest hotel room I have ever seen. We thought this strange especially as both rooms were booked at the same time. We were on 5th floor, however neither room had any views which we were not worried about as just stayed for 1 night. As I said, our room was a good size, only a double bed but comfortable but a very small bathroom. Only one person could go in there at a time. Nice big freeview tv, coffee and tea provided and plenty of wardrobe space if you needed it. Iron, board and trouser press also provided in wardrobe. Would recommend as a base for a weekend to visit Bristol.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Bristol_GM1, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Nannysally57,

We are delighted you enjoyed our location, harbour side views, breakfast buffet and car parking.

Should you be back in the Bristol area remember our best available rates are found on our direct website,

Sincerely

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed in a Superior Double Room for two nights and it was modern clean and tidy and had everything you would need for a stay, tea coffee so on but no fridge. It is in a very good location for the city centre and the parking was convenient as it’s next door and free for hotel guest.
The front desk staff could do with some training as I made eye contact with two of the desk staff and they looked away and found something to do, finally the third front desk member of staff I looked at bothered to say hello can I help. Not the best welcome I ever had but the lady I spoke to was provisional and polite.

Overall a good hotel and was expected for the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Bristol_GM1, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Beck01234,

Thank you for leaving us a review.

We are glad you enjoyed our superior rooms, and I have forwarded on your comments to our fonrt office team for training.

if staying again remember our best rates can be found on our direct website,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend last weekend for one night, we booked the sweet retreat package.

The hotel is really good, the car park is a massive plus, it is right next to the hotel and it is free for the duration of your stay. Our room was really nice, it was a good size with a queen size bed, coffee machine, tv and lovely views over the river. The bathroom was a ok size the shower was really good. I know some people complained of noise but we had a room on the sixth floor and didn't have any problems. There are only two lifts and one is quite small, but we didn't find this a problem.

The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Although it was nice, if I stayed again I wouldn't pay extra for the sweet retreat package, the melted chocolate and marshmallows consisted of chocolate sauce and six marshmallows.

The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of loads of restaurants and bars, there is so much to do right on your doorstep! We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but had a drink in the bar later in the evening and it had a lovely atmosphere with a gentleman playing the piano in the background :)

The breakfast in the morning was brilliant, loads of selection, cooked breakfast, pastries, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, plus a selection of juices and smoothies, and all with a lovely view.

All in all it was a lovely hotel in a great location, I would definitely recommend and I would have no hesitation in staying again.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the river on one of the top floors... More expensive but so worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol_GM1, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Joshua P,

Thank you for leaving such a comprehensive review,

It is great to hear you had a "Brilliant" stay with us, and that our buffet breakfast was one of the highlights.

We believe our complimentary car parking makes our overall room rates super competitive when compared with other city centre options,

We hope to see you again in the future at The Bristol Hotel,

The Bristol hotel

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I (52) stayed here with my daughter (19) 22.3.13 to 24.3.13. It was a wet and cold week-end but the hotel definately lifted our mood. We did not have a harbour view room but the rooms were of a good clean standard with a larger than average TV. All the usual 4 star touches are here such as good standard toiletries, teas and coffees with kettle and hair dryer and fresh towels. The pillows on the bed were alittle soft and the room cleaning was a bit late on the Saturday as when we came back at 4.30pm for a mini break it was still not cleaned. Breakfast was of a good standard though some 4 star touches would have been better such as better quality mushrooms and sausages and the juices were concentrate not fresh. The staff were generally polite and professional though some of the breakfast waiting staff could do with smiling a bit more. We ate in the restaurant Friday night and the starters and sweets were divine however the main fish course was sparse even by a la carte standards. There are lovely views of the harbour from the restaurant. We came on the train but parking seemed plentiful. The bar area is relaxing with a resident piano player. This is a great location to start at the modern harbour and make your way up to explore the city's mix of old and new. It is quite a steep walk to the top. We used the tourist bus to hop on and off and going to Clifton Village is a must see as the shops and views are fantastic. Also worth a visit is the market area with a wide range of stalls and catering stands. This is not a cheap hotel but definately worth splashing out for a treat. Paying a bit more for a harbour view would be great but perhaps more noisy in the better weather!

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms nice but could be noisy in the better weather.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear brad_clarke,

We appreciate the review and it is positive for us to hear we were a suitable base for both you and your daughters needs during your stay.

I have passed on your comments to our Kitchen and Restaurant team to ensure we use them to make some changes to what we do.

We hope to welcome you both back to the Bristol Hotel in the near future,

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel if the rate is right. Shame I think they overbooked so they had to put me in an adjoining smoking room. Nice rooms, really like the place but have to say I prefer the radisson nearby. All depends on price, not much to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear GargoyleWaiting,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel,

We believe our rates are very competitive within the city centre, when complimentary car parking and wifi is included I feel we are very reasonably priced.

Our best rates are found on our direct website,

We hope you visit us again soon,