The Bristol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,935 results
All reviewsfree parkingdeluxe roomcar parkoverlooking the harbouradjacent ncpnespresso machinelovely hotelbars and restaurantsexcellent locationss great britainan upgradecity centresaturday nightlovely roomcomfy bedbuffet stylea lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed in September. We drove into Bristol and followed directions from the hotel. We found the hotel no problem. The secure parking was great and the city centre location is very handy. It's within walking distance of the centre, shops, the harbour, station and pubs and restaurants. We used the hotel as a base from which to visit friends in Bristol and it was conveniently located for getting the local bus. Our room was warm, secure, and very clean. We would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carter1972
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Great mid-range hotel, good location with plenty of restaurants and bars in the area. Very happy with the standard of the room - comfy bed and had a good sleep. We were on the 6th (top) floor in a very quiet room. Didn't have breakfast but plenty of cafes locally. An espresso machine in the room (with 6 coffee pods provided) means you can have a decent cup of coffee! (kettle also provided for tea drinkers). A safe is provided in each room, plus a decent hair dryer.

The main reason we chose this hotel was the ability to park in the adjoining NCP - free for guests between 5.30pm & 9.30am weekdays. There is access directly to the car park from each floor in the hotel which is very handy.

The room cost us about £20 more than the nearby Travelodge for the same night (plus you have to pay to park at the Travelodge) - well worth it! We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed for a weekend to celebrate my birthday. We booked the Dine on the Dock package which included weekend parking, breakfast, dinner on one night and a glass of pimms. We requested a high room and were given a 6th floor room with a lovely view over the city and water. The room was modern with nice features and a big, comfortable bed. The staff were really friendly and efficient. We didn't have high hopes for a hotel restaurant but it was really nice, with interesting menu choices on the set menu. Breakfast was nice, varied and served late on a weekend. The location is perfect, right in the centre. Bristol is a great city and we enjoyed a lovely weekend, watching fireworks out of our window on bonfire night was a perfect birthday treat. Highly recommended and best so far in Bristol.

Room Tip: Choose a high room with a view, though you do get some noise from the bars, no problem for us though with the window closed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. I travel to Bristol on business once a month, and this is my preferred hotel. The location is perfect; within walking distance of the station (Temple Meads), pubs, restaurants, and the office.

I did not eat dinner here, but did enjoy the breakfast. Being able to have smoked salmon and scrambled egg is a particular treat that you don't often see in hotels. I always find the reception and service good, and the rooms clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lookingtorelax_11
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I remember this hotel when it was Jury's. It is much improved since then, sadly there a few improvements needed the TV in my room promised much but sky was "down" during my stay. I got an apology but no sky TV. Alos the breakfast room service was good but no butter for the toast. It is is these little things that are the difference between a good hotel and an average hotel which is what The Bristol is.

• Stayed: November 2011
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2011

Dear KeithnJill

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a Tripadvisor review regarding your stay with us. I appreciate your comment on the improvement that has been achieved however I was very disappointed to hear about the issues that you experienced with your breakfast and the TV.
I have gone through your points in detail with my Food and Beverage Manager regarding the breakfast to find out the reasons for the inexcusable lapse and re-training has been highlighted as a priority to avoid a repeat of these challenges. We have high standards here at the Bristol hotel and I apologise that they were not adhered to on this occasion.

In regards to Sky Sports, I can only apologize as unfortunately our system went down for 24 hours and after many phone calls to Sky, an engineer came on site and fixed the problem. This was a problem beyond our control which I'm sure you can understand and we did our best to rectify the issue as quickly as possible in order to minimise the inconvenience caused to our guest.

I would like to assure you that we welcome your feedback and as we are a learning organisation we appreciate all feedback and find it very valuable in moving forward and improving the service that we provide to our guests

Once again I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and thank you for making us aware of the issues that you experienced. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in The Bristol Hotel, please contact myself directly to ensure a pleasant stay.

Raphael