The Bristol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,934 results
All reviewsfree parkingdeluxe roomcar parkoverlooking the harbouradjacent ncpnespresso machinelovely hotelbars and restaurantsexcellent locationss great britainan upgradecity centresaturday nightlovely roomcomfy bedbuffet stylea lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I remember this hotel when it was Jury's. It is much improved since then, sadly there a few improvements needed the TV in my room promised much but sky was "down" during my stay. I got an apology but no sky TV. Alos the breakfast room service was good but no butter for the toast. It is is these little things that are the difference between a good hotel and an average hotel which is what The Bristol is.

• Stayed: November 2011
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2011

Dear KeithnJill

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a Tripadvisor review regarding your stay with us. I appreciate your comment on the improvement that has been achieved however I was very disappointed to hear about the issues that you experienced with your breakfast and the TV.
I have gone through your points in detail with my Food and Beverage Manager regarding the breakfast to find out the reasons for the inexcusable lapse and re-training has been highlighted as a priority to avoid a repeat of these challenges. We have high standards here at the Bristol hotel and I apologise that they were not adhered to on this occasion.

In regards to Sky Sports, I can only apologize as unfortunately our system went down for 24 hours and after many phone calls to Sky, an engineer came on site and fixed the problem. This was a problem beyond our control which I'm sure you can understand and we did our best to rectify the issue as quickly as possible in order to minimise the inconvenience caused to our guest.

I would like to assure you that we welcome your feedback and as we are a learning organisation we appreciate all feedback and find it very valuable in moving forward and improving the service that we provide to our guests

Once again I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and thank you for making us aware of the issues that you experienced. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in The Bristol Hotel, please contact myself directly to ensure a pleasant stay.

Raphael

Second stay here
The staff are simply outstanding- friendly courteous attentive really want you to have a great time
Definitely not the ambience for youthful boost breaks but for people looking for a quiet restorative space next to Bristol waterside this comes highly recommended
Beds are extremely comfortable
We booked the upgrade which included our own expresso machine
The only problem we experienced was effortlessly sorted as soon as we mentioned it
We will be back

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Nice hotel in a great location. The footbridge over the water to the main dockside bars/restaurant area is just outside the hotel and there is a pleasant riverside walk to Cabot Circus with Harvey Nicholls, large House of Frazer and other (apparently) marvellous shops (I just parked up in Costa Coffee with the newspapers for the duration). This review really just confirms what other users have commented on. The room itself wasn't particularly large. The bathroom was small but that said it was very nicely fitted and my wife was impressed with the various unguents provided and the non-misting mirror. My only real carp is the use of the word 'deluxe' to describe the room.....it was obviously just a standard room but with bathrobes and a nespresso machine. I may not be a particularly seasoned globe-trotter but I have stayed in deluxe accommodation around the UK & Europe.....and I am afraid the Bristol does not really come up to scratch on that one. Why not just call it a 'Superior' room, like everyone else. Another small complaint....one-size-fits all bathrobes are not really great for a size 8 lady and an XL man.....a tick box for size requirements should not be too difficult to incorporate. Surprised there don't seem to be any twin rooms (but perhaps I just missed that particular option). Stayed on the 'Dine on the Dock' package with table d'hote dinner included on the first night.....this was unexpectedly good and the restaurant has lots of glass to take full advantage of its great position right on the dockside. As recommended, we stayed on the 6th floor overlooking the river.....great views, especially on Bonfire Night. The receptionist did bring our attention to the possible noise problem from the pubs opposite when we were booking......she was right, Saturday night is noisy, but not unduly so with the windows closed. Summer nights might be a different story but there as there is air-conditioning it should be tolerable. Service levels are excellent both at reception and in the restaurant. The complimentary parking is a real added bonus.....I looked at the nearby Mercure and the adjacent parking was £19 per day! Small niggles apart (of which I was already aware from other comments and had therefore factored in) this is a very good hotel and I would certainly recommend trying the restaurant on at least one evening.

Room Tip: River view on the 6th floor....but bear in mind the noise factor from the pubs and restaurants across the water.
1  Thank lacotaire
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Visited this hotel last week and was really pleased with the overall experience,nothing really to complain about. We had a upgrade room as part of a package and it was modern,clean,nicely decorated,had a 32'' flat screen tv,safe,iron,expresso coffee maker,bath robes and slippers. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was of a decent standard as was breakfast on both mornings,nice touch being offered a choice of free newspaper going into breakfast too. The hotel is a short 10 minute walk into the main shopping area in Bristol if that is what you are looking for,also a 10 minute walk from one of the best wine shops I have visited called 'Averys' Just opposite the hotel and across a bridge is the quayside which has an array of bars and restaurants. It is just a 30 second walk from the hotel,just go out of the reception,turn right and then right again and across the bridge,if you have the rooms on the back of the hotel you will be able to see this through your window anyway. We enjoyed our stay and if we visit Bristol again we would use the hotel again.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Great location, lovely room, free parking, good breakfast, well staffed. But best of all I left my phone charger behind in our room and the hotel very kindly posted it back to me!