The Bristol
Marriott Hotels
$68
$57
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$90
$92
$70
Agoda.com
3,975 results
All reviewsfree parkingdeluxe roomcar parkoverlooking the harbouradjacent ncpnespresso machinelovely hotelbars and restaurantsexcellent locationss great britainan upgradecity centresaturday nightlovely roomcomfy bedbuffet stylea lovely stay
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is our third stay at the Bristol hotel, we would describe it as a contemporary city centre hotel is a great location for all shopping, nightlife and bars. We love it's cool ambience and friendly staff.
You can walk to the main shopping area in under 10 minutes, the theatres in about five and it's right on the waterside.
We stayed in a waterside room this time and our only moan would be the noise From the bars across from the hotel but this was soon shut out with the double glazing but unfortunately you then have to use the aircon which we hate.
Other than that the River view grill is excellent, the drinks prices are reasonable, the room was contemporary with a small bathroom ( but adequate)
To sum up we love visiting Bristol and we love the Bristol hotel !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I regularly use hotels in various parts of the country from 5 star to budget Premier Inns, Travelodges etc, but the stay at The Bristol was horrendous. If you want somewhere to pass the time then it's OK. However, if you're considering sleeping don't book a room here. I had a room on the fourth floor on a weekday and until 3.00 am all that could be heard was hinges squeaking and doors slamming. From 5.00 am the early starters were up and more banging ensued. Conversations of those passing my door could be clearly heard as the door and walls have no sound deadening quality at all. This is not a problem with the customers as people need to move at different times but rather the whole structure of the building is poor. Whilst door closures are mandatory the ones at The Bristol are presumably the poorest on the market with no damping resulting in the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in, including the aforementioned budget hotels. The rooms are acceptably furnished, but if sleep is important to you, honestly, look elsewhere. You have been warned

Room Tip: Stay away. Use the Novotel nearby.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Markry
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear Markry

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and for making us aware about the issues you had with noise during your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read your review and I would like to discuss it with you more in details. Being a city centre hotel on the Harbourside, we have put many system in place like secondary glazing to reduce noise disturbance to our guest however we are all the time eager to improve the service in the hotel and therefore I would like to speak to you regarding your stay with us.

Once again I would like to apologise and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in The Bristol Hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I booked a superior room at the Bristol hotel for a romantic break with my partner. The interior of the hotel when you first arrive is impressive but I felt the room was very overpriced for what it was. The room, and especially the bathroom, was tiny and the decor was really no better than a Travelodge - tired, utilitarian and very dreary. There was a big stain on the corner of the ceiling & curtains, which is certainly not 'superior'. At night the room was hot and airless, but it was too noisy to have the window open, hence we got no sleep at all. Also, our room was next to the gym, which was ridiculously noisy as well, with running machines going at all hours. I think it's unbelievable that a hotel would place a gym in such close proximity to guest rooms. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, at £100 a night I expected a lot better, not least to actually be able to sleep!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Dear CobwebPlymouth

Following your stay and your feedback at the hotel, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

Obviously I was very disappointed to read your review and I can assure you that we have high standards here at the Bristol hotel and I apologise that they were not adhered to on this occasion. As per our record, our Duty Manager spoke to you during your stay and offered you a room move and a discount on the night and I hope this was satisfactory.

Once again I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and thank you for making us aware of the issues that you experienced. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in The Bristol Hotel and please do contact me directly to discuss this further.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Having read a Tripadvisor review suggesting asking for a room with a waterside view, I did this but unfortunately, couldn't see much because of the trees! However, it was very quiet on the front. Attractive cosy room though not sure it was big enough for 2! Comfortable bed with nice linen, pleasant decor, bathroom OK but shower didn't drain as fast as the water came in. TV didn't get all stations and no free wifi in my room. Do sort of expect that these days though I think it was available in the lobby. Not able to open the windows more than a crack, which I hate. Good common areas with plenty of space to sit. Very friendly staff, especially the lady on reception. Ate in the restaurant which was very busy. Nice white bean soup to start with - glad I had a room to myself - and very average belly of pork afterwards. Pudding OK. Breakfast the usual self serve buffet with rubbery fried eggs & cardboard bacon due to being kept too hot for too long. Reasonable scrambled eggs & the tomatoes looked good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I suppose it didn't help that we arrived in Bristol at the height of the harbour festival when many roads were closed by the harbourside, and the city centre was packed with people.
The first problem we had was finding the place, and after driving round in circles for a long time we phoned the hotel for directions.
The young girl on the desk was clueless, didn't even seem to realise that there were any road closures, and gave no help at all in giving us directions.
The room was nice enough- lots of slick contemporary design stuff that looked good but didn't always function properly. It took a long time to work out how the shower worked, and the plug for the sink didn't work too well- the bathroom was too small and the taps splashed everywhere.
The bed, however, was huge and very comfortable.
The hotel has a good location right on the harbourside, but as this was a discounted room we had the view of what looked like office buildings opposite.
What was good about this place? The complimentary iced citrus water in the lobby provided welcome refreshment on a hot and at times frustrating weekend.
What did I like least? The fact that design doesn't just have to look good- it has to be functional too. And, a bit of local knowledge on behalf of the staff wouldn't come amiss- as we couldn't even get directions as to get out of the place either!
Can't comment on the food- as the price for our room didn't include breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear loobylooSheffield

I am delighted that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us and indeed my sincerest thanks for you taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
As you will appreciate the road closure was beyond our control and we did all our best to contact all guest staying us on that specific weekend to inform them about the Harbour festival however your booking was made on a third party website and unfortunately we did not have your contact details and I can only apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. In regards to the information on the road closure all our reception team was informed about it and I'm very disappointed to hear that they were unable to assist you over the phone. Following your review, I have asked my Reception Manager to look at it more details in order to avoid any repeat in the future.
I would like to assure you that we welcome your feedback and as we are a learning organisation we appreciate all feedback and find it very valuable in moving forward and improving the service that we provide to our guests.
Once again I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and thank you for making us aware of the issues that you experienced. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in The Bristol Hotel, please contact myself directly to ensure a pleasant stay.
I look forward to seeing you back with us in the near future.

Kind regards,