All reviews temple meads station train station city centre beans busy road car park secure parking minute walk convenient location main road breakfast was included would stay again budget hotel decent hotel stayed here for one night per day walk in shower
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2017

We decided on a long weekend trip to Bristol to also take in Bath. We struggled to get a hotel as most were way overpriced. We decided on this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. It's quite basic as far as decor so if your looking for fashionable, contemporary then this is not the hotel for you. This hotel is spotlessly clean and tidy. The rooms are very comfortable with a good mattress and out tv had a great HD picture. Breakfast was also really good and although it said it was continental, they had scrambled eggs, sausages and beans as a hot option. We were on the 4th floor and the room was also very quiet. Would recommend this hotel as good value for money.

Room tip: Choose a high floor away from the street for a quiet room.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ExpressBristolCity, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Dear Hubiemac,

Thank you so much for the nice review. It is really good to see that you had such a good stay with us, and that we managed to tick all the boxes. All the team works hard to ensure everything is perfect and spotless for our guests. I hope that the next time you visit Bristol you will choose us again.

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

This place was lovely. Local and very clean and staff were helpful..the beds were so comfortable. .only bad thing was the beans were coldoing and the eggs looked wet so didn't try them. Stuck to marmite toast

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Tammy W,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to read that you had a good stay with us, and that the staff where so helpful with you. We are always open to feedback about our breakfast, so I appreciate it.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

A good mid-range hotel in a good location for rail and bus transport links.
Its also a short walk to Bristol City Centre for Restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shopping.

Top music venues The Tunnels and The Fleece are 5 and 10 minutes walk away, and there are some great pubs nearby like the Seven Stars, the Cornubia, the Kings Arms, and the Bridge Inn.

Room tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Steve C,

Thank you so much for the review. I really like the way you described our hotel, as you mentioned we have a very good location, next to the train station, bus stops, pubs bars, shopping centre and much more. I do hope that you had a good and comfortable stay. Hopefully we will welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here one night as it's opposite temple meds station. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a very good standard and clean and tidy. I can not find fault.

Bristol city centre is a very short walk too. I
Am sure I will use it again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ExpressBristolCity, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Dear Simonjones1977,

Thank you so much for the 10/10 review. I am so happy to read that you had such a brilliant stay with us, and that the staff where so friendly and helpful with you. I really hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on the 3rd February
The room was very good,the staff were very good but the cooked breakfast was the worst I have ever had in any hotel I have ever stayed in.
Tiny bland sausages grey scrambled eggs congealed baked beans no bacon
I have never been in a British hotel that does not serve bacon at breakfast indeed I have never seen this in any hotel worldwide

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear trenode51,

Thank you so much for the review, I am so sorry to read that you did not like our express breakfast start, we are always open to comments and feedback so I appreciate it. We are having a new improved breakfast soon so I hope you will give us another chance and come and try it.