“Good hotel get what you pay for ”

Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January as part of a stag and it's fair to say that the hotel met our needs. The rooms were as you would expect and we found them clean and fresh towels daily.
The breakfast wasn't great really only sausages with a bit of toast on offer but again it's what you pay for.

The location is perfect across from thd bus station and a short 10 min walk into the centre to the bars and restaurants.

The only real gripe is the bad service was slow and the bar closed early.

In all it's not the RITZ but you get your value for money.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HIEBristol, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you Decmyster for your response. I am happy to hear you have referred to value as in line with expectations, however of course our team will be looking to improve on all areas pointed out and hopefully invite you back to prove that consistently and quality, are indeed heart to our Express nature.

sgsm@hiexpressbristol.co.uk

0117 9304800

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Used as an overnight stop whilst awaiting a cruise departure from Avonmouth Docks. Very clean with great beds. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent buffet breakfast. Ideal location very near Temple Meads Station

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GusHon
HIEBristol, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear GusHon

Thank you for your review, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Kind regards

sgsm@hiepxressbristol.co.uk
0117 930 4800

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having stayed in the Holiday Inn in the centre of Bristol last time, this was a poor equivalent, for similar money. The room I had was adequate, basic but clean and OK. The staff were not particularly welcoming, and the parking was quite stressful to be honest ! There was a lot of noise over night, which sometimes is unavoidable, but the next door banged around for hours at night, the coat hangers hitting the wall by the door and the TV blaring out. Unfortunately, the breakfast was also poor, toaster wasn't working, food not bought out on time, or was cold, and had to wait around for ages for hot food to come. I'm a very huge & loyal advocate of Holiday Inn's, but I'm afraid this isn't on my list to return to.

Room Tip: Don't expect too much from the breakfast
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SallyLado1
HIEBristol, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Hi Sally Lado 1

Sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience. We are always happy to receive comment and adequately recompense anyone who has found issue, at any point during their stay.

As a Rewards Card member your loyalty to the Express brand is course always warningly welcome, so I am sincerely sorry that on this occasion, we have not lived up to the IHG full service, Holiday Inn.

Certainly I will relay your feedback to my team and strive to do better in the future. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please to not hesitate to contact me.

Sgsm@hiexpressbristol.co.uk
Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre

Reviewed April 20, 2014

12 of us booked this hotel as part of a birthday celebration. This hotel exceeded our expectations for the price paid. The staff whether in pre-visit phone communication or face to face, were all pleasant, informative and efficient. All our requests when booking were met. Car parking was safe, easy and reasonably priced. The rooms were very clean, quite roomy and we all had an undisturbed night's sleep. Breakfast was very busy but the staff managed to provide a table for the 12 of us! A great stay.

Room Tip: We asked for quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank WalesSuzy
HIEBristol, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us. I am pleased to read that we met your expectations and the staff ensured you had a comfortable and hassle free stay.
It is always an encouragement and we look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future.

Guset Service Manager,
Tomas Bartuskevicius

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a friend's hen party. On the whole the stay was average. It is busy with stag and hen parties and noisy at night but this is no excuse for hygiene issues. My room was absolutely fine but a friend looked behind her bathroom door and to say it was filthy was an understatement! Service very slow in bar and we ordered snacks but one friend waited over an hour for cheesy chips then they came without cheese! Others ordered after her but got theirs first. She was however offered a free drink. The most shocking thing came at breakfast. We could really not believe our eyes! The floor was hoovered with a Henry and the lead just dragged in amongst tables where guests were sat. When breakfast finished the SAME Henry was used to vacuum out the toast, croissant and hot food cabinets! We were stunned! Surely a handheld vacuum that is only used for food cabinets would be more appropriate? Tables were left covered in beans and scrambled egg way after breakfast and we had to ask it to be wiped. The seats has lots of nasties lurking down the sides and maybe Henry could have been of assistance!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Frankham11
Reviewed April 7, 2014

very convenient for airport bus and for train stattion. lots of good things to say about staff and welcome, including finding me a room that was quiet - I slept well until 5am when the bin men arrived :( Maybe I was unlucky, I

Breakfast staff were helpful - but why no bacon?

Wifi was good - but why is the password printed with very small print, with S that looks like 5, and l that looks like I and O that could be 0?

Bit of a cultural desert, with very odd pub next door.

But all in all, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: One side is a busy road, so I was put at the back and it was quiet until 5am and the bin men
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HIEBristol, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Guest Service Manager,
Tomas Bartuskevicius

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I booked and paid for a room 5 weeks in advance of my stay. Upon arrival (ahead of the guaranteed availability time), there were 4 customers involved in a heated exchange with the Manager who was telling them there were no rooms left (even though they too had paid well in advance). I knew what was coming next when I tried to check-in - no room for me either. The reason given for the hotel being over-booked was "flooding" (despite no rain in the area that week). Speaking to a local - he said that the hotel often over-book - relying on some customers cancelling.

The hotel was unable to find any other rooms in Bristol so I was offered a hotel 25 miles away which was completely unacceptable then another 12 miles away but this was offer was then withdrawn. So, 2 hours later, I had to beg the staff to give me and my friend blankets and we slept on chairs in the hotel reception.

The way we were treated that evening (along with the other 4 customers) was an absolute disgrace. We were given a refund (we were legally entitled to this anyway as they didn't provide a room) and a small cash payment but this in no way made up for the discomfort and indignity we suffered. Without a doubt, it was the worst nights sleep of my life.

My advice ? Don't risk it happening to you - book somewhere else in Bristol.

Room Tip: I didn't end up in a room so can't comment...but the reception area was noisy and uncomforta...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lucas_R_99
HIEBristol, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Good afternoon Mr Lucas

Apologies once again for the experience encountered. Unfortunately flooding is not always attributed to rain, in which case certainly the plumbing industry would perhaps be more capable of resolving emergency’s with advance warning.

Refunds were quickly issued back, including complimentary stay vouchers or Rewards card points for every guest affected. I am slightly disappointed to hear that our offer of alternative hotels (also complimentary) that night, was turned down by yourself, to remain in our reception. Although I do respect your choice of course.

It is indeed unfortunate Mr Lucas, when events out with our control, impact on our guests, however we must and I am glad to see did, provide support, compensation and alternative accommodation as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to welcoming your back again soon Mr Lucas, including any locals as it were, to show we do get it right the majority of the time and certainly do provide an excellent city centre location, for many of our guests.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards