Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre
$110
$99
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewstemple meads stationtrain stationcity centrebeanstravelling by trainbusy roadcar parksecure parkingminute walkconvenient locationmain roadbreakfast was includedbudget hotelstayed here for one nightdecent hotelwould stay againcomfortable bed
Reviewed October 9, 2013

On arrival for a hen do in Bristol my friend and I were to be sharing a double room on the 2nd floor - the room was large, clean and really everything you expect from a Holiday Inn Express. No qualms at all...
That is until 5am on Sunday morning we were woken to a very drunk man trying to gain access to our room, not opening the door I politely told him he was not at the right room and should leave... which he did only to return 10 minutes later with an access key to our room! It appears he must have gone to reception, told them he couldn't get in and they just gave out a key card for the completely wrong room! So he returns and opens our door (fortunately we had put the chain across) otherwise who knows what would have happened, I managed to force the door shut and called down to reception... reception at this time did nothing and he continued hammering on our door, and other rooms demanding access... we called Reception about 3 times and on the third time they actually sent someone up! This was not only distressing but completely avoidable! had the security actually checked their system they would have realised it was two lone females in the room. The morning reception staff were very apologetic and did refund our room, however had we not have put the chain across this event could have been a lot more serious. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: When going to bed, make sure you put the chain across, who knows who will be visiting you in your sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank louloubelou
HIEBristol, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Louloubelou

My colleague Nicola has been in contact with your group regarding the events of that night, who were affected by this, to both reassure and offer reimbursement. I completely agree that the security protocols on the night, did indeed falter and I am currently investigating why strict procedures we have in place, failed to be upheld.

Please be rest assured, action will be taken and further investment has indeed been put aside, to strengthen both CCTV and Security throughout the building, where required.

I can fully appreciate that you would be hesitant to use the complimentary stay vouchers, due to belief that we cannot manage or learn, from these errors going forward. If anything, your hesitation will be our motivation to safeguard our guests, from anything like this again.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly at the Hotel or indeed via my email.

Kind regards, John Morton - Senior Guest Service Manager - 0117 930 4800 sgsm@hiexpressbristol.co.uk

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent a week here while attending a conference, and my family joined me mid-week. It is directly across the street from Temple Meads Train Station (last stop on the airport express bus). The city centre is just a 10 minute walk away.

The room was very clean, comfortable and modern looking.

The staff were fantastic and are main reason why I gave the hotel top marks. Special mention to Alina (the name on a receipt I had, if it's not her name she'll know who she is) who printed-out a whole stack of info for me when I told her about an event I wanted to attend on the weekend.

As other reviews have pointed out it can be quite noisy outside due to its location, but it did not disturb my sleep at all.

Breakfast was decent and looked forward to every morning. I'll definitely stay at this property on my next visit to Bristol!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Amik

Thank you so much for your review. It is great to see that all the hard work the staff are putting in to the Hotel, is being felt by our guests. I shall pass over your comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel or indeed via my email. The team and I, hope to welcome you back again soon!

Kind regards; John Morton - Senior Guest Service Manager - 0117 930 4800 sgsm@hiexpressbristol.co.uk

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at holiday inn express Bristol for one night. Having travelled by train to Bristol Temple Mead s from Cornwall the hotel was within walking distance from the station. We were flying from Bristol airport the next morning so only had to walk back to catch the airport bus. Very clean , breakfast adequate. Would stay again .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEBristol, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you Alisonlee for your review!

Simple . Smart. Spot on is our new mantra and I am happy to see the guest facilities / benefits that you highlighted, have achieved this.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel or indeed via my email. The team and I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We arrived sat afternoon we were lucky we managed to get into the hotel car park which is also secured there are only 20 places.

After reading some of the reviews people mentioned the hotel looks tired to me the hotel looks fine it is modern cleen and the staff are very friendly and helpfull.
The breakfast was good with quite a bit of choice, I have payed for breakfast in some hotels and the choice was only slightly beter than the hiex. One night we had a light meal in the hotel which was good also the bar had draught beer and sat night it is quite popular later in the evening.

Our room was good the bed was comfey I loved the walk in shower plenty of hot water.
Ok there was some maintance issues with the room I was not buying the room so it was ok.
Most hotels I have stayed in have some sort of room problems even 5 star hotels I have stayed in.

The location of the hotel is great right across from the railway statiion. The last day we caught the train to Bath about 10mins on the train.
Also at the station you can catch the bus to Clifton Suspension Bridge Its No 8 there and No 9 back. You book return on the bus.

As you come out of the hotel turn right and there is a great Italian restauirant Don Giovannis we ate there twice during our stay .
On sat night the Recless Engineer as live groups we had a good night. this is almost next door to the hotel.

There was one slight hicup which I did not like is that we pre payed for our visit through Hotels. Com which says this on the booking form. On arival we we being charged for the full stay I explained and thought it had been sorted.
On checkout the receptionist ask for my card I ask how much he was taking out of my account He said the full amount for the room I had to explain again we have already paid for our stay.
It was sorted very politly and I would most certanly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickracer077
HIEBristol, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you Lancashire Lad for the review. It really is great to see that the continuous hard work we are putting in, to improve on both our guest facilities and experience, is producing the right results!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I chose the hotel because I was arriving by train quite late in the evening and wanted to reach it quickly. I could see the hotel on exiting the station and is approx 200 yards away. The receptionist was friendly. The room was comfortable and dark and quiet on the sixth floor. The receptionist directed me to a nice restaurant nearby. I had a decent night of sleep before going to my meeting the next morning.

Room Tip: I asked for the side of the hotel away from the busy street at the front as I expected it to be quieter. Also sixth floor away from the traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nigel B
HIEBristol, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Nigel,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that both location and room facilities met with your satisfaction. As always, any review helps us as a team, work towards moving the Hotel closer to both guest needs and expectations.

As always I will be happy to discuss with you further, your stay or any other questions you may have.

Kind regards