“Amazing burgers! ”

Banco Lounge
Ranked #527 of 1,733 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 'The Lounges' are informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bars open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.The Lounge menu is available all-day and offers a wide range of dishes including an extensive brunch menu, a selection of proper-job burgers, a great selection of tapas & more restaurant-in-style monthly specials. There is an extensive selection of coffee/tea, cakes and pastries, smoothies and fresh juice, and a small selection of wines, draught beers & cocktails.Banco opened in June 2006. The premises had most recently been used by the YMCA who had occupied the space when Lloyds Bank closed their branch there. Lloyds's sandstone frontage still remains. Banco has arguably has the most character of all 'the Lounges' with high ceilings, cornices, & an unusual trading space.Banco Lounge is situated in the very 'up-and-coming' suburb of Totterdown, which is famed for its tightly packed streets filled with colourful houses.
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Top notch burgers! Definitely what I needed after a big night out, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Mike R, Manager at Banco Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thankyou Leane I'm glad we could be of assistance I'd like to think of our selves as sort of un-official Totterdown nurses who prescribe Bloody Mary's and pimped Lounge Burgers to the weary traveler

All the best
Tom Shaw

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We are very regualr visits to Banco, living close by and liking the atmoshere and good food and wine. Over the last few months we stopped going so often as the staff were not as helpful and often a bit unfirendly..
But i went in on Saturday and saw that the old crew who were running the place up and till earlier this year are nearly all back working there, the welcome was warm, the staff were friendly, service was good and the food very tasty.
With the voucher cloud offer during the week giving you 20% off the booze as well as the food, this is an opportunity that should not be missed, if its a big range of breakfast, burgers, tapas, dinner special or just a snack you are looking for, the menu is interesting and the specials change frequently.
I particularly like the vegi specials although i am a confirmed carnivore, they are tasty and varied with an interesting mix of ingredients. My friend said the fallafel burger is 'to die for'!!
Only down side was that the heating hasnt gone on yet so it was a bit nippy!
So get that heating cranked up and will be be back againa nd again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Some close friends have stopped eating here recently because they said that both the quality and quantity of the food had really gone down-hill. Reluctantly, I'll have to agree with them. It's such a shame, as Totterdown really needs places like this - only it needs to remember the higher standards it had obtained when it first opened. I've always really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. But my last few visits have all been disappointing. Today I ordered chicken chorizo panini and there was hardly any chicken in it. 4 micro thin slices that looked like tiny islands in a vast red sea of flavouring. It was so inadequate I took some photos to at least have a laugh about it later. I guess I'll take my custom to Acapella, Bocabar & The Star & Dove.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went here for the first time last week, i havent enjoyed a burger like this for ages,i normally make my own at home, so i know homemade burgers for sure, just delish respect to the chef, will be back for sure.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I absolutely love coming here! When I went last week I got to meet the new manager and he was incredibly friendly an helpful! The staff working that day were also lovely and friendly. I had a cooked breakfast and would thoroughly recommended it as its tasty, looks great and is good value for money.

2  Thank LucyCastleton
Mike R, Manager at Banco Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thanks for the review! Glad I could be helpful! See you again soon.

Mike Roscoe