“Summer dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Severn Shed

Severn Shed
Ranked #140 of 1,564 Restaurants in Bristol
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Severnshed is a thriving restaurant with a combination of a friendly and family welcoming ambiance during the day, which transforms to a party socializing atmosphere in the evening with our 2-4-1 cocktails and live music Friday and Saturday night it is the place to be to start your evening. With a wide variety of dishes there is a dish for everyone here.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Summer dining”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved the views and atmosphere while dining outside. Food and service were good and the cocktails went down really well!

• Polish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“hot, hot, hot!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It was very hot in Bristol the day we went, the Severnshed could do with some ceiling fans and the jug of water we requested for the table could have done with ice in it without me having to ask for it specially and the jug didn't look as clean as it might be Having said that, the booking system on the website worked, service was adequate but a bit slow even though the restaurant was quiet, you have to sympathise with anyone working in that heat.
However the food was good, we had a variety of different dishes between us and everyone enjoyed the meal.

Visited July 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Bland food and 12.5% 'optional' service charge for a table of 3”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Three of us visited Bristol last weekend and when in Bristol seafood seemed the best option. Severn Shed appeared to be a perfect place, great location and some good options on the menu. The restaurant looked stunning, nice décor and a lovely terrace. We were sat at the table by the lovely hostess, our drink order was taken by our waitress and then brought by the other server. Then the food order - again our waitress, and then it arrived fetched to us by another member of staff who was gone as soon as the plates touched our table. 1 out of 3 starters was different than we had ordered. It took us couple of minutes to get somebody's attention, we didn't eat until we got it sorted. At that moment manager spoke to us apologizing for our waitress - still we were okay, mistakes happen - no big deal. Our waitress never came back to say sorry for herself, we saw her again when she came to collect payment from us. And meantime we were attended but at least 3 other servers, no personal touch, so when the bill arrived and there was 12.5% 'optional' service charge we started questioning ourselves if our waitress earned it, unless they split it between all member, still it seems a little bit high, it has been the highest service charge we have ever came across. Additionally our food was average, bland and kind of boring. Overall, the service and the food was mediocre we wouldn't go back.

2 Thank AgaZ123
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Oh Dear........”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As unaccustomed as I am to writing reviews I feel the standard of my experience on Friday has pushed me to this.

My partner and I choose this restaurant because of the "Fish Friday" offer that was advertised on the website. 2 Courses for £18.95, quite reasonable given the menu choice.

Upon sitting down we informed the front of house staff that we will be having the "Fish Friday" menu. What followed was a muffled response informing us that they have a large selection of fish on offer. This response felt deliberately evasive, so we asked a waiter over and advised him that we would like the "Fish Friday" menu. His response was "You're not the first person to ask for that, we are not running that offer any more". I now know why he muffled his response and scarpered!! Following this we were not offered any alternatives to the deal: false advertising and bad website management. "Prices/Menu content may from time to time alter/differ between the website & the branch without prior notice" This does not excuse laziness, lies and lame service.

The service was so rushed and a bit cold, given that I obviously disappointed about the "Fish Friday" offer no effort was made to make my experience warmer.

Our food was good but nothing to write home about.

Then came the bill with a 12.9% service charge added on..................... at no point was I asked if I wanted to pay this charge (I like to tip in cash) and it certainly was not earned. Severn Shed took full advantage of the British sense of social awkwardness with this charge. They know full well that 9 times out of 10 most people will just pay and leave. Well I did too, but I will not be coming back.

Sorry to the staff who do work hard at this establishment but my experience was simply not good enough

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Exceeded my expectation”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

After visiting severn shed a few months ago and reading some poor reviews I was wary about revisiting. I couldn't have been worried that much. The food was excellent again and service wasn't faulted. Would definitely go again. Great cocktails as well! Thanks !!