“Excellent surprise”

Severn Shed
Ranked #151 of 1,668 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Severnshed is a thriving restaurant with a combination of a friendly and family welcoming ambiance during the day, which transforms to a party socializing atmosphere in the evening with our 2-4-1 cocktails and live music Friday and Saturday night it is the place to be to start your evening. With a wide variety of dishes there is a dish for everyone here.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I as wary of eating here but what a surprise ! Great food and a real welcome, I urge others in Bristol to try it. i will when on Bristol again. Well done !!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My son is at university in Bristol and we were visiting for his 21st birthday. Not knowing Bristol we had no insight into the restaurant scene here and had to rely on searching the internet for inspiration. We picked this place basicall because it looked nice inside and had a varied menu. The restaurant is conveniently located for Bristol centre, presents a very pleasant environment internally and the night we were in it was very busy giving the atmosphere quite a buzz. There were however a number of significant downsides.
Firstly, and most importantly, we all felt that the food was on the bland side. Nicely presented and reasonably sized portions but just lacking in flavour. The following day we had lunch in Nando's and their marinated chicken breasts are infinitely superior in the taste department. Secondly you need to be aware that this restaurant is also a bar and that music will be played all evening, getting louder as the evening progresses. Our offspring found this to be OK but I found it invasive and unacceptable.
We spent a significant amount of money on the meal, with a bottle of fizz etc. to celebrate and I came away feeling disatisfied with what we were provided with in return. I certainly think we could have done better had we had a better knowledge of the area.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a great meal on Christmas eve. The restaurant was not busy but still had a great atmosphere and despite the skeleton crew everything proceeded smoothly - no excessive waiting except for the cocktails which I suppose are more waiter demanding!
The t-bone steak is pretty damm good and the fire sticks looked really interesting. For me next time! Ttoal bill for 4 was £137.87 BUT that included 8 cocktails and the suggested 12.5% optional service charge. Well worth a visit if you like your meat!

1  Thank AndrewP123
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Lovely menu, helpful staff. Just a suggestion though, have the discretionary gratuity/service charge taken off your bill and pay the staff in cash...

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I ate here over Xmas with a group of friends. In years gone by, this was a great venue on the waterfront with good food and atmosphere. No longer. Awful, tacky atmosphere, dreadful food and service, which was only slightly redeemed when I complained to the manager and she removed a substantial amount from our bill.
I will not be returning.