“Saturday night meal and drinks”
Review of Severn Shed

Severn Shed
Ranked #165 of 1,613 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Severnshed is a thriving restaurant with a combination of a friendly and family welcoming ambiance during the day, which transforms to a party socializing atmosphere in the evening with our 2-4-1 cocktails and live music Friday and Saturday night it is the place to be to start your evening. With a wide variety of dishes there is a dish for everyone here.
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
“Saturday night meal and drinks”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went on Saturday night for my friend's birthday, couldn't get a table until 9pm even through we booked ages ago. Birthdays clashing with Chirstmas parties.... We got there a few minutes early but our table wasn't ready for at least 45 minutes. We didn't mind though we just sat at the bar and had a few drinks. However if we weren't lucky enough to find seats it might have been a different situation. I had duck which was lovely although unfortunately my potato wasn't properly cooked, I still ate most of it as I didn't want to send it back when everyone was having their meals. I pointed it out at the end but there was no apology because I ate most if it I assume. Anyway the others enjoyed their meals too, the only thing that wasn't that good was the skewers apparently. A bit bland and basic. The atmosphere was good, we had a decent table near the kitchens so the music wasn't too loud and we enjoyed the evening. Drinks are reasonable, and two of us had a sweet. Cocholate sponge was a bit rubbish and basic so don't bother wih that. I'd go back, although this wasn't my first time!

• Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lack of professionalism from the Manager”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We know accidents happen but a good manager should know how to turn the situation over to make your customers leave satisfied if not happy.

We went a group of girls for a nice meal and a good laugh, our table was exactly behind the coffee machine and the reception area, we kindly ask to move but it seems the place was over booked as there was more tables than normal, denied. One of the girls send her dish back as her salmon was dry and over cooked, as a gesture from the chef she got a glass of sparkling wine. Food was good. About 930 pm the music went louder and by this time it was like if I was having dinner by myself as i couldn't hear a thing!! Unluckily one of the waitress spelt some red raspberry jus on my friend white dress!, (gaps between tables to small) got discounted a bottle of wine (probably he saw the anger in our faces after we saw the bill) by this point we were not happy at all, she call a friend to bring her a new dress as she was going out and the place offer to take her dress to the dry cleaners. A sorry had probably worked better.

What is really a Shame is that two of us are Restaurant Managers and every act was tested.
I really hope they can improve and do not take for granted this busy period of the year.

• Visited November 2012
East Sussex
“A few issues were dealt with so well, a good eve!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had been here before and really enjoyed the food, so took some friends back.
What a great place, good food and dancing til 2am and seemed mainly to suit the over 25s, right up our street.
We had a couple of issues with our main courses, I am sure my mash was instant, very powdery and my husband's tuna which he asked for medium rare, was well cooked completely through. We brought these items to our waitres' attention and she dealt with it so professionally, no fuss, no stroppiness. We had dessert and coffee on the house, which was extremely kind.
The half price cocktails and NZ Sav Blanc at less than £20 a bottle were great value too.
Would have got 5/5 if the food had been as good as lat time.
We will return, definitely.

• Visited November 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Ate here after years since last time. Great location and used to serve seriously good food. However, it seems things have changed. The service was poor, bordering on hostile. The food - lord - the food was not great and for the price I was expecting something more. Really disappointed that such a gem has fallen so hard. Such a shame.

England
“Nice drinks nice setting”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place serves good cocktails, has a good atmosphere and on a sunny day can sit on the balcony watching the boats go by. All in all very worth a visit

Visited April 2012