“Friendly good quality Japanese”

NOA Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #219 of 1,577 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Bold, Exciting and Spectacular this is the new NOA Japanese. Born in 2009 Noa Japanese has been serving Clifton for over 5 years. But things have since changed. Nothing was left untouched to ensure the success of this huge Japanese beast that has laid dormant in a quite basement in the heart of Clifton, Bristol. "Noa Japanese has awoken!" We have changed our menu, decor, style and music. And have created a place which better reflects our passion for Japanese food just for you. Come, step inside and experience fun Japanese dining.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Friendly good quality Japanese”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have eaten here half a dozen times and this has always been a pleasant experience. The food is reasonable and the staff are lovely. They can struggle a bit if it is busy but are always apologetic if so. The menu is interesting an food good. The green tea crime brûlée is excellent.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RichDG

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Not memorable this visit unfortunately”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were so looking forward to our annual visit, every year we are visiting Bristol in UK Noa is where we make a point of visiting. Usually it's A1. On this occasion we felt the food was good, just good nothing more. I had the Salmon Teiriake, , was literally floating in the sauce, spoilt it really. The salad that accompanied it was not memorable, felt they could do a little better. My husband had the pork dish which he commented was "average". The green tea creme brûlée was disappointing it was thick, fluffy and devoid of any real particular flavour. I had to steal a little of my husband's green tea ice cream to make it palletable.

• Visited May 2014
Pennard, United Kingdom
“Decent authentic lunch”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We visited NOA by chance while spending a weekend in Clifton. It was a quiet Saturday lunch service with only a couple of other tables occupied. Service was efficient and friendly. The food was fresh, tasty and authentic. We had baby squid and gyoza beef steamed dumplings to start (which were the highlights of the meal) followed by chicken katsu and crispy beef teryaki (a little too sweet) This was a good value tasty lunch. I've mentioned this before but I wish that Tripadvisor had a "good" rating as some places fall between average and very good - as is the case here.

• Visited March 2014
Somerset
“Food was good but no atmosphere at all”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just returned home after what should have been a treat. The sushi/ sashimi / nigiri was all pretty fair to good , and I have eaten in a number of Japanese restaurants , though mostly in the US, but service was mediocre and there was just no atmosphere. A bit cramped, asked for more soy sauce and gave up waiting and I also dislike any restaurant that adds in a service charge without asking you: foolish. I am a good tipper, and would tip good service more than the ten percent they add on, so if they are not getting good enough tips this should tell them something. Overall, apart from a lunch deal if I was in the area I wouldn't go again .

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank selfraisingflour
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is brilliant . Authentic japanese cuisine, nicely decorated. Service a little awkward but not enough to spoil the meal. Highly recommend this place!