“Wish I had read reviews before going!”

No.4 Clifton Village
Ranked #672 of 1,668 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled at the top of Clifton Village, No. 4 is a real gem. Intimate, welcoming and proud to be fully licensed for wedding ceremonies. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with fantastic dining experiences in the classic setting of a Georgian town house. We are fully set up for meetings and conferences and our enclosed private garden at the rear of the venue is perfect in the summer months for Al fresco dining and BBQs / hog roasts. A great addition to a summer wedding or celebration.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Even though we had groupon vouchers they saw us coming! Portions small and everything is extra. Don't be waste your money there are far better value in Bristol!

1  Thank 888DMPM

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were there on a Groupon voucher for the starter, Main and Prosecco. We had the wine in the delightful and intimate bar, then were taken through to the classy full main room, where we had a small table for 2 in the corner, a very nice spot. The starters of chicken pate and mackerel were perfect, we both had lamb for the main course which was cooked to perfection, although a bit annoying that you had to pay extra for potatoes. The portions are not huge, but were very good quality. we have now sussed out that the restaurants in Bristol always charge you the tip on the full amount then take off the Groupon, so the additional £9 we paid for the potatoes and tip was not too bad. Service was a bit slow, but if I wanted fast food I would go to MacDonalds. The other offers looked very tempting, and we will go back, so it shows that the Groupon works as we had never heard of No4 before.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

On arrival my partner and I were greeted by a very friendly young lady who offered us a drink whilst we waited for the table. It was a reasonably busy Saturday night and so there was a short wait, but we were offered menus to look at in the bar. The menu was limited but not disappointing. After ordering we were taken through to the restaurant which was small but still managed to have a great atmosphere, the decor was charming as one would expect in Clifton! We had freshly baked bread and olives which was served beautifully, followed swiftly by our starters - goats cheese and chicken liver parfait. Both of which had a delicious taste and texture. After a short wait the mains were served, pork belly and the vegetarian option which again were both very tasty. We ordered sides with these which were great for sharing. After our mains were finished we were offered desserts although both of us were very full by this point and so we just opted for a couple of coffees to finish the night off. Service throughout the meal was attentive and we were continuously asked how the food was and offered further drinks by several different young, smiley girls. I would definitely consider revisiting and would recommend anyone in the Clifton area try this venue, whilst it may not have quite felt like fine dining, it managed to maintain a friendly, relaxed yet personal atmosphere.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Well are you all sitting down I shall begin. Six of us went to the restaurant hoping for a good evening, it started okay but went down hill drastically after that. As previous comments on the goats chees it was try to find it on your plate there were bits on the plate but where !!!! the other starters were of a reasonable size but the chilli and dill fishcakes lacked any kind of flavour. We also ordered the bread and olives but they forgot them, we also asked specifically if the olives could be shared by two and were told no only 1 portion when they arrived yes you can guess they would have been ok for two. The main dishes on the menu suggest that the meat, fish etc come with vegetables but again ummmm where are they which then meant that the side orders of yes veg and potatoes etc had to be ordered separately and paid for extra, umm surely veg and potatoes should come with the dish !!!! but no the tables are very small and when the main dishes are on the table the plates touch and there is no real space for the vegs etc and drinks to be on the table at the same time. Then came the desserts no problem there they were nice but again small for the price.
The customer service for the waitresses are mixed a few good ones but the rest seam that they don't really want to serve you and no smiles at all apart from one who when she was around was very good.
The next shock came when we had the bill, we had vouchers thank goodness otherwise I think we all would have fainted - the vouchers apparently only cover the starters and the main dish, no side orders which you have to have no desserts and the drinks. We also found out that the voucher included a free drink of prosecco for which were not offered and didn't realise that we should have had them until we queried the bill for £39 for the prosecco drinks, they would not take that off the bill as they said it was included in the voucher, but after a bit of persuasion we managed to get a bottle of the prosecco to take home, little compensation as the amount of the drinks would have paid for the veg and the potatoes, they also put on 10% service charge(£30 !!! for service we didn't get) without asking and we had this swiftly removed.
It could be a really nice place to go but the vouchers gets you there thinking you can save a lot on the bill but we paid the same price again after the voucher credit had been taken off !!! needless to say that we won't be going back there again all a bit of a con to get you in there and then to take your money.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I arrived to stay for a wedding. We had paid for early check in and after a 2 hour wait managed to get into our room just before the wedding. We didn't actually manage to check in until almost half 1, but still got charged the early booking fee. While waiting for the room, the bride arrived looking stunning. As she checked in the girl on reception just sat there as normal. No comment of how lovely she looked. I found that really sad. Where was her customer service?!! The rooms were tired looking and are in desperate need of a big clean and redecorate. There was a plastic bag over the smoke alarm obviously from the people before maybe wanting to smoke. Just a little bit dangerous?!
The food was ok and the waiting staff and bar staff were also. Just before going to bed I settled my bar tab. I noticed that there was a bottle of champagne missed off so I was honest with them and paid another tab straight after the first. In the morning they tried to charge us again for our tab. After insisting that they find the card receipts and proving that I paid, we left with out an apology. When I asked why I didn't get an apology the girls (different ones this time) just looked at me. My business is in the wedding industry and will not be recommending this venue to any of my brides which is a shame because it really was a lovely wedding.

1  Thank lrm89