“Nice food, but get in and get out”
Review of Raj

Raj
Ranked #29 of 1,651 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A traditional Indian restaurant in the heart of Bristol. Established since 1981, The Raj has endeavored to serve the finest Indian cuisine, using the highest quality ingredients.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We used to eat here regularly as the food and service was always top notch. However, on weekend evenings at least, it's become obvious that they seek to take in as many guests as possible creating something of a 'food court' atmosphere. The result of this is that despite making a booking (and only for two people), you feel compelled to eat up and get out.

On our last visit, we'd ordered another round of drinks as we were finishing our meals. They'd obviously double booked our table anticipating that we'd be leaving by X time, but that wasn't to be. At first they'd brought our bill out and took payment before we'd requested it. However the icing on the cake was when one of the waiters came up while we were half way through our beers to say that we should move to the waiting area by the entrance as the new guests were waiting for their table. Perhaps this would be somewhat understandable if we'd been just sitting around, but that wasn't the case at all. Unprofessional to say the least.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Fantastic food. Great selection of different main curries. Starters and sides were brilliant too. Really well spiced. Friendly, helpful and accommodating service. Rate it as one of the nice curries I have had in Bristol. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We visited on a quiet Sunday evening and enjoyed the one of the best meals we had in Bristol.

We opted for the early bird menu, which is excellent value with a good choice of dishes/ £14.95

House wine was OK and the food had a delicate balance of spices - delicious.

Highly recommended both for the food and service.

Would definitely return.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

As I've been working on King Street for 3 months now I've had quite a few meals here and although on the expensive side, the food is incredibly tasty. I've tried a number of different dishes and each sauce tastes fresh, distinct and flavoursome. I usually go for the Dhansak and wish I was working here longer so I could go through the whole menu.

If I get another job at the Old Vic Theatre I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I'd go somewhere else service was rubbish, the food terrible and then they were fishing for a tip I think not!

2  Thank Mark K