“Worth being an early bird”
Review of Raj

Raj
Ranked #28 of 1,710 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A traditional Indian restaurant in the heart of Bristol. Established since 1981, The Raj has endeavored to serve the finest Indian cuisine, using the highest quality ingredients.
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I went with a group of friends from work for an early bird meal. We had starters, main course, rice and a drink for about £14 and it was very good value for money. Too often Indian restaurants seem to be cautious on the use of spices and can lack flavour; that isn't the case here! My starter of chicken chaat was full of flavour and a huge portion. My main course was a house special with chicken and plenty of chili and did not disappoint.

The staff were friendly and attentive and made us feel very welcome. Certainly a restaurant to which I will happily return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times and the food and service are 1st class. Would recommend to anyone. They also have free WiFi.

With a visit :-)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

20 years on
It must be 20 years since I last ate in this restaurant and I'm delighted to say the quality and service is just as good today as it was then. The Early Bird Menu at £14.95 is really good VGM. A starter or side, a main, a rice or naan and a beer or soft drink are all included and the choice is quite wide ranging. I went for my old favourites Onion Bajhee, Lamb Rogan Josh, Pilau Rice and the good old Cobra beer. I was with a group and we did supplement the deal with some poppudums, chutneys and extra drinks but well worth it. The real fabric hot towels and the plentiful chocolates with the receipt were nice touches that many newer Indian restaurants now ignore. It's good to see some of the older traditions are still around.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Starter main rice and a beer. Had onion bhaji lamb Rogan josh pillau rice, couldn't fault the meal. Lamb really tender excellent value for money spicy but not toohot ( I don't mean cold) . Will return and would recommend it to anyone who likes a good curry and doesn't want to get ripped off

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm a regular visitor to Bristol and the Raj is excellent. First class food, and excellent service all the time. I come here every few weeks and would definitely recommend it to anyone.