“pretty good place!”

The Burger Joint
Ranked #117 of 1,564 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bristol, United Kingdom
“pretty good place!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great burgeers but some a bit pricey but the kids (teens) loved them. It was handy on the way home. Will recomend to friends

• Greek first
“Best Burger Ever, but...”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I honestly think that their burgers are the best in Bristol. Their choice of fillings, sides and drinks are also fantastic. I had brie, apple and bacon in mine, with sweet potato chips, all washed down with a nice chocolate milkshake!

Not too pricey either, I'd happily pay more because they really are amazing.

I was a bit disappointed with the service, though. Here, you have to fill out a form to tell the staff what you want, which is unusual and quite fun admittedly but I felt that the waitresses could have been more attentive, more welcoming. My friend and I were kind of left to our own devices, as you'd expect more at a takeaway joint than a restaurant. But I simply cannot fault the food..

1 Thank Js9574
“Excellent burgers”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

One of my favourite eating places when visiting Bristol. Nice restaurant, great service. Excellent choice of starters - loved the chilli, cheese french fries; burgers, (& hotdog) sides, and sauces. You just choose the combination you want. Great service. Large portions, all freshly made, and reasonably priced. Really great food.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Food, Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was my second time to the Burger Joint, and it surpassed my previous visit and expectations. You pick what you like from the menu and tick it off on a card that each diner is given, which you then hand over to your waiter/waitress.
There is a great choice of starters, then you pick what type of burger you want, what toppings, what sauces and what sides, there are also a choice of salads and hot dog.
We had a Bruschetta to share as a starter which was delicious, then my friend had a double burger with red peppers, bacon, guacamole, with thick cut chips, I had a standard beef burger with cheese, burger relish and tzatziki, and sweet potato chips. The burger was delicious, the sweet potato chips were amazing and even the home made burger relish was just the best I have ever tasted. I also had their mixed fruit smoothie which was incredible, and I am quite a fussy smoothie drinker, my friend had a soft drink.
All in all couldn't fault the experience, the food was simply delicious, there wasn't a morsel left on either of our plates, and we both kept raving about it as we walked home.
Would definitely recommend, for me it is hands down the best burger restaurant in Bristol.

1 Thank Marnie D
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Terrible Service!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I love this place and I do frequent it. The best part is the completely customizable burger. No present menus so you can have anything you want! Great sized portions, not too expensive. Refillable drinks which is rare in the UK!
Such a shame that one waitress ruined it the last time we went. A girl and boy were very good and attentive to us. However one woman (one can only assume the manager as she herself was much older and not wearing the uniform polo shirt with the rest). She did not give us a menu despite walking past us multiple times. Her colleague noticed and apologised profusely. She then neglected to take a drink order. We had to go inside to order (despite it being table service) and then she got it wrong. (two diet cokes and a lemonade - we ended up with one diet, and one regular coke). When we told her we needed two diet she proceeded to swap the diet and regular as if that was the solution? When we said again we needed two diet cokes she huffed and stormed off.

After the food was brought (A lengthy wait, but worth it for the good food) we asked for the bill. A 15 minute wait. We asked someone else and she brought it right away. We then asked to pay by card. This resulted in a TWENTY FIVE MINUTE WAIT. I watched her walk back and forth behind the bar. Pour herself a drink. Walk in circles, and never bring us the card machine.

After a long while debating whether or not we should just walk out (as they clearly didn't want our money) we flagged down the young girl who had actually managed to look after us and she was very prompt.

I don't know what the 'manager's' problem was but she has certainly deterred me from returning. Shame really, but there are plenty of other burger joints willing to actually listen to their patrons!

2 Thank Paola C