“Really Disappointed”

Ranked #165 of 1,712 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I went for lunch at The Burger Joint - so had the lunch special. A burger, side and drink for £7.95 - pretty good value. We were looking forward to it as it had such great reviews.
The service was really good the waitress very pleasant, I really liked the atmosphere - nice place.
Unfortunately - our burgers were under seasoned and cooked medium rare - which I think they should tell you. For our sides i had French fries - which were great, my husband had the coleslaw which was bland.
I am Gluten free - and was really pleased to hear that they did Gluten Free Buns - yippee !! Unfortunately the top of my bun was okay but the bottom was solid. They do unlimited refills on soft drinks :) and their banana milkshake was great.

Overall really disappointed as the main event didn't deliver - was the chef having a bad day ?

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having been many times to the Burger Joint both in Cotham Hill and now the newer premises I can say the food quality does not disappoint. The newer bigger menu has some great additions and the new venue has the same relaxed feel. I would recommend to book on a weekend as we have not been able to be seated before, but it really is a great Bristol staple for a quick burger.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Loved that you could assemble your own burger, right down to the size of the patty. Tables are a little close together, though, so not ideal for a romantic night out. But great if you want to grab a fairly quick and delicious burger.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good for families however as very busy found service falling short the burger were dry as wanted them cooked well without pink middle

1  Thank sandyvickery
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a really great dinner here a few weeks ago with some friends. The concept is fun and simple and basically means that you can build exactly the dinner that you want.

Highlights:
- Lots of veggie choices, for those who don't eat meat but want a burger
- Refills of soft drinks