“Great Exhibits”
Review of Bristol Aquarium

Bristol Aquarium
Ranked #30 of 215 things to do in Bristol
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went midweek and unfortunately there was a school trip there with loads of small children running around and screaming. We had to hold back a little to let them get in front of us so that we could see the exhibits and enjoy ourselves but other than that, we enjoyed the aquarium. There is an IMAX cinema within the complex which they show marine life films on. It was my first 3D cinema experience and I really enjoyed it. I can't remember how much it was to get in as it was a little while ago now.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)
All reviews
in 84 reviews
"voucher"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I got the entrance fee for a slight reduction having found a voucher on a online site, which took it down to just over £10 for adults, which was more reasonable for what you get to see I felt. There are a good selection of large and small tanks to view and it certainly kept my 17 month old daughter interested. Overall, definitely worth a look, but not one to travel to from a long way away. I went to the aquarium in Plymouth in the summer of 2012 and would definitely rate that one better than here -- larger tanks, bigger sharks and generally more visually going on. But this was still pretty good, so wouldn't want to detract from it too much.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

what you would expect from an aquarium lots of fish turtles with a massive added bonus of the largest species of octopus could of stood and watched him for hours in amazement how large he is. my 3yr old loved watching the rays swimming up the tanks my 5month old loved the brightly coloured fish. there is a learning lab which older kids would find interesting lots of talks if you are not with children you could listen too to learn more about our oceans amazing sea horses would go again and would recommend to everyone.

1  Thank helen e
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Having paid £22 to get in I was very disappointed that the staff (when not huddled together around the cash desk) were rude and dismissive. When I asked where the toilets were for myself and my 3 year old daughter I was merely pointed in the vague direction. There were no staff around to answer questions about the displays and the talk given about sharks was a farce! The talk was given in the almost pitch black with only the light of the fish tank and we were expected to view photographs when we could barely see the person! The member of staff although pleasant enough failed to include everyone in her talk and could not hold the attention of the visitors and the numbers dwindled till there were 3 of us listening. The displays are fine and I am sure if there was a school project at hand ( about fish!) it would be suitable. I feel though as we were able to look in every tank and still get through the whole place in 35 mins don't allocate more than an hour!!! Oh and make sure you get your stamp and go out for lunch, the cafe is over priced and overrated.

2  Thank Emmacarlick