“Fantastic set price lunch”
Review of The Cowshed

The Cowshed
Ranked #155 of 1,690 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At The Cowshed we bring the taste of the countryside to the city. For us the most important thing is knowing where and how food is produced. We focus on the quality of the farming or production methods and the ethics and integrity of the grocer, breeder or supplier.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great restaurant, lovely staff and fantastic food, especially the fish and chips. 3 courses for £10 you leave feeling comfortable and satisfied.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

A double Birthday celebration took six of us to the Cowshed this week. We ordered a variety of starters, which included mussels, scallops and cauliflower and curry soup. No complaints so far. However, we then waited ONE HOUR for our main courses, which arrived with an apology but no explanation. This was a lunch hour and the restaurant less than full, so we could not understand why we waited so very long. The steak sandwich - one of our party had specifically asked that this not be served 'bloody' and was assured it would be medium. It was served rare - so bloody it was. My mother in law asked if she could have some butter on her dry breaded burger and was served a slither so thin I do believe the waitress was embarrassed to serve it! We did have a laugh amongst ourselves over this. The portions of 'Bernaise' sauce were very small and, at £2 a throw, somewhat on the expensive side. Yes, we could have mentioned all of this at the time but, after an hour's wait we were all pretty hungry, two of our party are elderly and just wanted to leave and some of us had to return to work. Not an experience we will be repeating and such a shame as we had all looked forward to the double celebration for quite some time. Incidentally, credit where it's due (and there wasn't much of it to give out) the waitress was polite, informative and engaged in conversation with us, wishing the Birthday folk a happy day and therefore received a tip from us, despite our dissatisfaction with our visit.

1  Thank Verity67
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Met friends there once again for the £10 lunch and it's still the best value around. The chaps had steak, my friend and I had fish & chips. I'm allergic to citrus and as usual the staff were very accommodating. Delicious puds! Service friendly but also very slick. There's always a good atmosphere.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Seven of us dined there a couple of weeks ago and were delighted with every aspect of the experience. I had an asparagus starter which was mouthwatering and it seems that everyone at the table was well pleased with their own choice. I rarely eat steak when dining out but on this occasion I did and was rewarded with a wonderful melt in the mouth sirloin cooked to perfection. Only a few of us had dessert and all commented on how good they were. Service was first class and the only downside was that the in house water served which was meant to be sparkling was not. A small gripe to make since everything else was smashing!

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my girlfriend.. Both of us really liked it. Good food, good restaurant, good location in Clifton.. Good value menu. I would recommend.