“Nice meat”
Review of The Cowshed

The Cowshed
Ranked #155 of 1,690 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At The Cowshed we bring the taste of the countryside to the city. For us the most important thing is knowing where and how food is produced. We focus on the quality of the farming or production methods and the ethics and integrity of the grocer, breeder or supplier.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Me and my partner visited the restaurant today, 10/03/2013

We ordered a fillet and a T bone steak which didnt take long to appear on our table, the meat was excellent, the only thing we would like is it to be served on a plate and not a board, we ordered chips but mine were mostly scraps but when mentioned to the staff they gave me some more so that was resolved, nice staff, friendly and helpfull so we would go again for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were in Bristol and COWSHED was recomended to us for its meat quality.The restaurant was very good next to a butcher shop which I think belongs to the same people.From the appearence of the butcher shop I was sure 100% that the restaurant would satisfy me. The meat was excellent and cooked perfectly.All the vegetables were fresh and and the sauces home made and very tasty.I had a shirloin steak and my friends had fillet on a hot stone.It was simple But perfect when you ask grilled meat.I think that I ll go again next time I visit Bristol

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked this for our sons 21st lunch on recommendation. We were not disappointed. The stone cooked fillet was fantastic, son advised best he had ever had. Staff were friendly and efficient. Starters of chicken terrine and scallops were beautifully presented if a little on the small side. Beef and lamb dishes were excellent with a good selection of vegetables. Desserts and cheeseboard were amazing. Main courses could have been a bit warmer. However well worth the price and we will go back next time we are in the city.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Tried to book for Sunday 12.30 ,no problem until we said it was for three. Do not take bookings for three!!! Going to Whiteladies road anyway, so we looked in, plenty of empty tables. Could do it for three if we were out within the hour. Really poor attitude. Totally uninterested staff.

4  Thank Discern8
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Everyone is crammed really close together and there is no room to move, the service was slow, it was too hot in the room the food was over priced but the drinks were even worse. Not bad food but not worth the discomfort and price.