“A Nice Hot Chocolate on a cold day!”
Review of Cafe Revival

Cafe Revival
Ranked #153 of 1,640 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe Revival, 56 Corn Street, is Bristol's oldest Coffee House. The beautiful three storey listed building has been a coffee house since 1782.They offer a wide menu of jacket potatoes, Homemade soup, Panini, Wraps, salads and much more. Freshly prepared, locally sourced (where possible) and many organic and fair-trade products.Don't miss the stairs up to the 1st floor cafe giving you a birds eye view of the passers by on historic Corn Street as you enjoy your coffee and food! Or continue up to the 2nd Floor 'Snug' - a cosy room with low lighting and sofa. Lovely cakes always on offer and a good selection of loose leaf teas.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

On a cold and sunny afternoon, we needed something to warm us. I choose the hot chocolate and orange
Just what was needed! Hot chocolate, cream and orange zest made this a really nice drink in a historic building in Bristol..
would recommend this if you are in the area..

Mark R, Owner at Cafe Revival, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We're really pleased you liked our new Orange Hot Chocolate - it's been a hit during the cold winter months!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Revival

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Popped in on a midweek morning to kill an hour between appointments. Had never been in before, but was made welcome by the chap at the counter who awaited my order after I had browsed the menu (not like some places, where they rush you for your order, before you've decided).
I ordered breakfast and a mug of tea and was asked if I would like to sit upstairs, it is a steep staircase, so if you are with someone a little unsteady on their feet just be aware of that.
Upstairs was clean, comfortable and the atmosphere was very relaxed.
I didn't have to wait too long for breakfast, which was presented well and was very pleasant.
One thing - there were no bottles of sauce on the tables, or around. I was asked if I would like sauce, but between me saying yes and it getting brought back to me, a customer appeared at the counter to be served, so I had to sit waiting for my brown sauce, whereas, had it been on the table, or in another accessible place, I could have got it myself. It did however arrive in a ramekin dish, which looked very quaint - I would have liked a tad more, but that would have meant leaving my meal again to go and ask for more. So my only suggestion is to maybe have it accessible.
On the whole, it was a pleasant dining experience and I would go again and recommend it, as a place to stop and recharge.

Mark R, Owner at Cafe Revival, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.
I'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit and felt relaxed and refuelled! We are proud to be a friendly community café, so I am delighted you were made to feel welcome.
I'm sorry you felt a little frustrated with the sauces. We like to present them in dishes as we feel it is a little more appealing than having bottles on the tables. But we will take your comments on board and try to be a little more attentive so that you are not having to wait!
We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Recently visited Cafe Revival with my wife on a Sunday afternoon when we were looking for somewhere for a coffee and a bite to eat. There was a very good choice of food on the menu and when it arrived was very tasty and plenty of it. Excellent value for money and really tasty food, would definately visit again.

Thank you for your review, Daniel.
Really pleased you enjoyed your visit and we all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice café serving good coffee. Had breakfast here instead of paying ££ at the hotel. Afraid to say the sausages tasted cheap, over cooked and rubbery. Would return for coffee, but not for breakfast.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a lovely little cafe. Cosy setting serving good food and great coffee. Would definitely recommend.