“Lovely little cafe, delish breakfast”
Review of Cafe Revival

Cafe Revival
Ranked #7 of 95 Coffee & Tea in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe Revival, 56 Corn Street, is Bristol's oldest Coffee House. The beautiful three storey listed building has been a coffee house since 1782.They offer a wide menu of jacket potatoes, Homemade soup, Panini, Wraps, salads and much more. Freshly prepared, locally sourced (where possible) and many organic and fair-trade products.Don't miss the stairs up to the 1st floor cafe giving you a birds eye view of the passers by on historic Corn Street as you enjoy your coffee and food! Or continue up to the 2nd Floor 'Snug' - a cosy room with low lighting and sofa. Lovely cakes always on offer and a good selection of loose leaf teas.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a lovely little cafe. Cosy setting serving good food and great coffee. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Visited to use my Living Social voucher. Totally delighted with everything
Good service, good food, good coffees.
The prices of the coffees are an absolute bargain compared to the usual chains, which I try to avoid at the best of times.
Being Bristol born and bred I was delighted with the views of the buildings in Corn Street from the cafe window. Many cities would be proud of the view
Will certainly use this cafe on our next trip to Broadmead

Mark R, Owner at Cafe Revival, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. Delighted you enjoyed looking out of our windows - it's a great spot to people watch!
Thank you for supporting an independent business.
See you soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Dropped in last night with my girlfriend to see what the café is like in the evenings and had a great time. Really great find. Good wine selection, pop corn snack served with drinks and excellent service. They've got the mood exactly right with the lighting, furnishings and music. It all comes together perfectly in such a historic building. Brilliant idea which will keep us coming back: virtual wine bottles, you buy a bottle and get 6 tokens to redeem at your leisure, so you can mix up your wines!

Mark R, Owner at Cafe Revival, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for your review of our evenings, Christopher. Delighted you enjoyed the transformation into a cosy evening bar. Your right, by evening we are 'a find' and hidden away - we quite like that! Look forward to seeing you back again for a 'virtual' bottle of wine! We're now open wed-sat evenings!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast in here last Sunday with 2 very tired children and 4 adults - place was comfy and clean and the food and service was excellent - thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Don't forget the fab hot chocolate - I think you can judge a place on the quality of their hot chocolates alone. Thanks guy - will definitely be back...!!!

Thanks for the lovely review. Delighted your tired little ones were refreshed so well ;-)
We have some new hot chocolate's lined up for Christmas so be sure to pop back for a new Hot chocolate experience!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I used a Livingsocial voucher to have lunch here today with my 8 year old. The staff couldn't have been nicer, really friendly and child-friendly. The cafe has a nice selection of wraps and paninis and we both enjoyed our choices, the only problem I had with my lunch was the dry, brown piece of lettuce in amongst my salad, a real shame as the rest looked great but that just put me off. The drink selection is good here also, I had a cappuccino which was quite tasty but not very frothy (I love my Capp froth!) and my son had a milkshake which seemed to be made from a syrup or powder and was a thin shake rather than a thick one, he loved it though. The deal included tiffin which was extremely sweet, maybe that's what tiffin should be like but I found the grainy sugariness too much so left most of mine (and I am definitely a cake lover)

The surroundings are great, they have a busy cafe area and an upstairs "snug" where we chose to dine. A comfy and nicely decorated room with sofas.

Tables were used and quite messy but the staff did clear these while we were dining.

All in all a good value visit (two eat and drink for a total of £8) but I'm not sure I'd go back and pay full price as the drink was disappointing and the salad a real turn off. Is it so hard to check the salad condition before serving?

My sons verdict "That was the best cafe I have ever been to!"