Tripadvisor

Dhamaka
Order Online
Ranked #22 of 1,878 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food and charming staff. Place was completely full, so definitely book in advance.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Just ate here for the 4th time, and as always it was excellent. Service is warm and friendly and the food superb. Also very accommodating for such a large group of us. Recommended highly

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I am usually disappointed when eating Indian out these days but thought we’d give it a go as reviews were good. Despite what some reviews said, we had no trouble with our reservation on a busy Saturday evening. It’s very small so booking is recommended. The starters were a bit so so but I was very impressed by the main curries which all five of us enjoyed. Spicy, not too hot and no after effects. The rices were fragrant and well cooked and the chapattis were almost as good as homemade. I’d definitely return next time I’m in Bristol.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Great food, well cooked, good sized portions (too big in some cases). Friendly owner, happy to share knowledge and offer advice.
Will be coming back regularly

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I came to Dhamaka for a meal before going to a show at the Hippodrome and we are so pleased we did! The whole experience was fantastic from the service to the drinks and of course the food. I can strongly recommend the watermelon smash cocktail, Goan fish curry, samosa chaat, vegan katacos and the lamb seekh. All at a very good price as well, will definitely be back!!