“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food here is wonderful, and as a resident of Belgium I have been lucky enough to eat in some wonderful restaurants with incredible food. The meal I just ate was every bit as good as those! Service is excellent and wine menu diverse.
The only negative comment I have is the parking situation. There is street parking, but the area is highly residential and parking is not that easy. That said, it is well worth walking for........you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Wshiresd

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My partner and I dined here recently on a friends recommendation, and had a fantastic meal. From quality ingredients, superb presentation, and a varied and interesting menu, to the friendly and knowlegable staff, not to mention the carefully thought out wine list, it really hit the mark. I have no hesitation in passing on the recommendation, go!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Selected for a celebration dinner, Greens did not disappoint. Deservedly, positively reviewed on TA and also a Michelin Bib Gourmand. Menu is French with a local twist. Food was tasty, well presented and not overly expensive. Atmosphere is smart casual bistro. It is small with only a few covers and maybe four tables on the terrace outside. Those are not great because the restaurant is on quite a busy street and there is parking immediately in front a the restaurant. Reservations are recommended and I would ask for a table inside at the front of the restaurant

We were a group of seven and made our own atmosphere, but I though the decor and ambience a little cool and bright. Despite the friendly and competent service and excellent food in its class, unlike some other reviewers, I probably wouldn't choose it for a romantic dinner for two.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked this place solely on its tripadvisor score. So glad we did! The restaurant is great, intimate, romantic fantastic ambiance. The menu is wide ranging and is great value. The midweek menu looks exceptionally good value. The wine list is broad allowing you to spend more, if you want to. The staff are warm and friendly and really add to the place. Overall one of our new favourite places in Bristol.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My partner and I decided to go here on a whim during the weekend and we were pleasantly surprised! This is a small restaurant that creates excellent quality food. The staff were very friendly, often popped around to see if anyone wanted them, and were quick to get our orders without being pushy. When I asked what wine would be recommended for my meal I was helpfully given the opinion of the waitress serving us who allowed me to try the wine first.

The food was served quickly and before this we were given a few nibbles, which were swiftly replaced after my partner wolfed down the first lot! The small menu meant that everything was really thought through and of a very high quality. One of our choices was new to the menu (the lamb) and our waitress was very enthusiastic when we ordered it, I thought it was lovely that everyone was so involved with the food and excited for people to try new dishes!

After such a lovely meal I will definitely be returning and have already been telling friends about this little place!