“Great facilities in a run down area”

Bristol Serviced Lettings
Ranked #10 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Bristol
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a Stag Weekend, the apartments were very nice, stayed in a 4bed. Facilities & the rooms were excellent. The only down side is its in a really rundown area of Bristol. A short taxi journey takes you into town for an excellent night, just don't walk back!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank SteveMHerts
There are newer reviews for Bristol Serviced Lettings

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent 2 nights in these apartments with a group of friends. The apartment itself is very nice, spacious and well-equipped. Unfortunately our group was woken up by roadworks outside both mornings and while we didn't find the area to be especially dangerous, it certainly isn't a nice area and it's very noisy at night. This was even on weekdays when we were staying. That said, our stay could have been a very enjoyable one if it wasn't for the terrible service we received.

The secretary, Olga, was quite rude and abrupt with us from the first conversation we had when we arrived, but we chose to just ignore it. About an hour after we had checked out of the apartments I realised I had left a ring of huge sentimental value in the living room. I called the office immediately and was assured housekeeping would be informed. Half an hour later, I had heard nothing so I called back to find that housekeeping had not yet been informed. An hour after this I had to call once more as I had heard nothing, to be told that my ring had not been found. After replying that I knew it was in there and asking if anyone could have another look I was told 'No, it isn't there'.
When I asked if they could make a record of the lost ring incase anyone found it and handed it in, so that they could contact me, I was simply told 'No. Report it to the police if you want'. I am fully aware that it's my fault for leaving the ring but I explained the importance of it and still Olga was extremely abrupt and clearly couldn't have cared less. Her service throughout and reaction to what was actually quite a distressing situation frankly ruined the entire stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lissy w
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The inside of the apartment was good: well furbished and clean, as advertised. It's not in the quietest area of Bristol, but the traffic didn't seem to bother us. However, the walls were very thin and the Friday and Saturday night seemed to attract a set of guests that liked to play music that penetrated the walls (even after the volume had been turned down on request) until late, then insisted on shouting between the car park and the adjacent flats at very early hours on the morning. As the Sunday night was very quiet, I think I would recommend using the apartments for mid-week usage, but not the weekend until sound insulation has been improved.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JBM559
Reviewed May 1, 2013

There were 19 of us staying in 4 apartments for a hen weekend. The apartments are lovely and we could not fault them. Olga was really helpful in organising and planning our stay. The only issue we had was getting a taxi to take us home at the end of the night, we were told by a number of taxi drivers that they would not go into the area. We were also advised that it was a 'dangerous area' and not to walk anywhere. Thankfully, we didn't have any issues but I would be nervous returning to the area again. Many thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geraldinee G
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I used an apartment at Beaufort Court with my Mum and Dad when recently visiting Bristol, Bath and Cardiff on a long weekend. The apartment is based in Easton, a pretty ethnically eclectic outskirt of Bristol. It is however, really conveniently placed to be accessed from the M32 with great ease, so perfect if you're travelling by car. The gated access with fob keys made me feel confident that my car would be safe overnight and at a supplementary £6 a day, this seemed reasonable. Bristol itself was a short walk from the apartment, around 10 minutes to the central shopping area, but the harbour and the university areas were a good walk across the city (it's a pretty and interesting walk though so well worth doing!) so if you want to be in this area, perhaps consider a different accommodation option.

The apartment (no. 7) was well equipped, with a single room, twin room and bathroom on the entry level and a large, open-plan lounge, dining and kitchen area raised up a few steps. The reclining leather sofa and chairs were to die for and were perfect for putting your feet up after a tiring day of pavement pounding and the TV had plenty of channels to choose from. We took a DVD and found the player to be not wired up correctly so that took some effort to get it to work. The free wi-fi seemed to work when first connected but quickly dropped off which was disappointing.

I very much enjoyed the space, brightness and size of the place. What let my rating down were the fittings and fixtures. The wall plug socket, for example, pulled straight out of the stoothing wall when I tried pulling out my phone charger, likewise, the banister was pulling away from the wall. The connection to the shower head had been over-tightened at some point so had split, making water burst out of the crack and the shower lose pressure and the runner for the shower door had completely come off.

Overall, the fixtures certainly wouldn't stop me from coming back as I enjoyed my stay very much and found the price a good deal, though I do think they would benefit from being addressed.

One last thing about number 7 - it is possibly the most unfortunate in the block in that it crosses directly over the entrance archway, so you hear the gate opening and closing a lot more than other apartments but we found we got used to it pretty quickly.

4/5 is a fair score and I strongly recommend you make cups of tea in the apartment - absolutely cracking! Must be something in the water :)

Room Tip: My mum and dad were told via email that it would not be possible to push the beds together in the tw...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

well equipped, clean, convenient for city centre. I noted people writing how bad the area is - but it really isn't! Yes, maybe a bit run down, but then you are in an inner city after all! I never felt threatened at all. The apartment was very nice and well equipped, but could do with a 'spring clean'. Also, getting to look a bit tired now, so could do with a lick of paint and some general maintenance. Instructions for electrical equipment - in particular TV - are needed, it took us ages to work out how to operate the TV.

Room Tip: ask for a room which ISN't overlooking Stapleton Road - that could be a bit nosy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here with friends and rented the 4 bedroom apartment. A lovely building we were met at gates by a lady who was very helpful showed us around the apartment and told us how to get to places. I was a bit wary of some of the negative reviews on tripadvisor regarding the local area but to be honest we found it fine, yes it is a multi cultural area and the shops reflect this but we found them to be a real delight to look round, the people were friendly and had stuff you wouldn't get in any other "local shop" like fresh herbs, limes etc, great for us as we were making mojitos!!!
As for noise, ok, it's January and it's wet and cold so there was not many people out and about on the street so we experienced no noise at all plus apartment 12 faces the parking area so off main street .
The apartment was great for 4 adults and 3 kids, plenty of space, well equipped, super telly, comfy sofas and beds, it was certainly clean and it's so much better than just a hotel room, the only comment I would make is that I think a dishwasher would be better than a washing machine.
We paid for the private parking which I would recommend as there is not much off street parking around, all in all I would defo use this place again, broaden your horizons and look round the area, it's not that scary!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends