“Worst night ever”

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
“Worst night ever”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My Family stayed in this hotel on/off for 6 nights over the Christmas / New Year holidays.
The first 5 nights were OK - the last night was where we hit the problems.

Firstly, when we checked in early and opened the door to our room we found a couple sleeping in the bed. I kid you not. The reception staff don't even know if guests from the previous night have checked out or not!

Secondly, one of the rooms we had booked had a terrible smell coming from the bathroom which got much worse during the night. Obviously this hotel has serious plumbing issues. The smell was so severe in the morning that I felt I would pass out when I opened the door in the morning. Our bathroom was completely unusable and if it was not for the interlocking room we had we would not have had a shower.

Lastly, and much more seriously was the noise from an event on the 6th floor. Even though we were on the 2nd floor, we could clearly hear every word of every song along with the heavy bass - and we were FOUR floors below them. I would hate to think what the poor customers on the higher floors had to endure. The event went on until 12:30AM which we felt was just not on. Simply put, this hotel thinks it is a night club. It has forgotten that people go to hotels to get a good nights sleep!

When we tried to complain to the manager in the morning, we were told that the manager wasn't there and there was no point in complaining to anyone else. We were then promised that the manager would call me on my mobile to discuss the problems. I never received a call. Obviously they couldn't care less.
My advice - stay at Premier Inn - cheaper rooms and a GUARANTEED nights sleep.

Room Tip: book down the room at Premier Inn
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank NZ-nick
Andrew-FOH, Duty Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to see that you gave us such a harsh rating considering you returned to us on a number of occasions over the christmas period.

Firstly i would like to address the issue of you checking in and finding another couple in bed. I was the person that checked you in that morning after you arrived with a booking for 2 double rooms when infact you required a double and a twin. I personally went out of my way knowing that you were a family travelling together and moved you to interconnecting rooms within the hotel. I also advised you that one of the rooms was ready but the other room would not be able to be accessed until after 2pm.

I apologise about the obvious plumbing issues in your bathroom. As soon as we were advised about this we had our maintenance team go and sort out the issue.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by music on New Years Eve. Unfortunately it is usual practice for hotels to hold New Years Eve Parties and the music was turned off 30 minutes after striking midnight as a courtesy to our hotel guests. We also only placed guests on the lower floors of the hotel to minimise any disruption.

The last thing i would like to address is your complaint on the morning of checkout. Again, i was working that day and although i did not speak to you personally i was advised by my Receptionist of your complaint. You were advised that it could not be promised for our General Manager to call you back and that you should contact her directly. You insisted on leaving your contact details anyway and were given a business card for the Hotel Manager to contact her on your return home.

I am sorry that on this occasion you did not enjoy your stays here with us.

If you would like to discuss this further please email ahood@futureinns.co.uk

Kind Regards

Dana Adams
Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Wiltshire
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We needed to stay overnight in the centre of Bristol and this hotel was recommended to us. The hotel is right by the Cabot Circus car park where we left our car overnight - the cost of parking was included in the total cost of £83.70 - which also included an excellent breakfast. The hotel also has an very good restaurant - the Chop House - which again provided a good range of food at an excellent price. The room was a good size and spotless, and the shower was brilliant. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in this area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robandeil
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd we as a couple have stayed at this hotel, my husband stays here regularly with work. The hotel is always spotless and the staff extremely professional.
We stayed here last night (11/01/14) was due to catch last train back to South Wales but decided to get a room as they had availability and then did the walk if shame home.
This is not 5* but any means but it is adequate and those who complain well I would really like to see their house standards

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we would be delighted to welcome you back again soon.

I hope your journey home was okay. Hopefully next time you'll have the opportunity to bring an overnight bag as to avoid the terrible walk of shame again!

Kind regards

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We spent news years eve at the Cabot circus future inn new year disco and would recommend to anyone, we went as a couple but there was a mix of families and couples so the party is suitable for all. The food was a hog roast buffet and was very enjoyable, all the staff were very polite and we would definitely do this again.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew-FOH, Reception at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

And thank you for choosing to spend your New Year with us.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Almost 3 months after writing 3 complaint letter to this hotel we have sill not received a answer back from the hotel Manager, from our stay in October 2013.

Customer care = zero !

Breakfast = like a cattle market.

Sense of safety = none.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mmmmmwww
Andrew-FOH, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest

i can only apologise that no one has got back to you in regards to your letter. If you would like to email me directly with a copy of the letter, i can investigate the matter in question and get back to you asap.

kind regards

Andrew Hood (ahood@futureinns.co.uk)
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went for a work trip, one night.
Parking is free, well lit and safe in the huge mall parking lot, reception was fast, room was clean, breakfast was fine. Need key card to turn on lights which is sort of annoying. Shampoo was male cologne scented and no conditioner offered. No complaints otherwise. Really easy access to the Cabot Circus mall. Better than many of the Premier Inns I've stayed in for about the same price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice hotel, clean and modern, staff friendly and helpful, although the bar was not all that hospitable after 9PM on a Friday evening. Good room facilities, spacious and good view. Bathroom was clean and well equipped although there was a slight problem with the drainage which gave a peculiar smell. Beds were reasonably comfortably although were a little too bouncy and low down. Overall not a bad stay although I didn't get a night night sleep, if you want to stay central it's a good place to be and not bad for the price either.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I can only apologise about the problems with your drain. If you had spoken to our reception team at the time, we would have been more than happy to assist you in resolving any problems.